Arc'teryx Men's Altra 65 LT Backpack
Arc'teryx Men's Altra 65 LT Backpack
Designed in ultra lightweight silicone coated Mini Ripstop nylon, the new Arc'teryx Altra 65 Backpack - Men's is dialed for those trekking or multi-day enthusiasts who are passionate about weight-saving. During a traverse of Backbone Ridge or a light and fast Na Pali Coast out and back, this lightweight pack combines a AC2 (Advanced Composite Construction) technology with GridLock suspension that features anatomically shaped shoulder straps, a modular sternum strap, breathable shoulder straps and hipbelt, adjustable shoulder straps, and a thermoformed triple-density hipbelt for the ultimate in gear carrying. Four compression straps stabilize the load, while stretch-mesh stash pockets on the hipbelt, a map pocket, kangaroo pocket with top compression strap, and two stretch-mesh pockets stow easy to reach essentials. Delivering maximum load control and warm weather comfort, the Altra 65 pack also includes a full length inverted U-zipper for quick panel-loading access.
- Material: 100D Invista HT Mini Ripstop with silicone and PU coatings, 420ACT fabric, 420D Invista HT Plain Weave, 210D Ripstorm with silicone and PU coatings, 840D Stretch mesh, Spacermesh, EV®50 foam, Hypalon trim, EV®50 Perforated foam, 6061 aluminum stays, Plastazote® HD80®
- Pivoting hipbelt with Load Transfer Disc provides increased agility and stability
- Twin removable aluminum stays for durable support
- Padded bottom
- Top grab handle
- Suspension: Arc'teryx AC2(Advanced Composite Construction) suspension system, GridLock shoulder strap adjustment system, Anatomically shaped shoulder straps, Modular sternum strap, Breathable shoulder straps and hipbelt, Adjustable shoulder straps, Thermoformed triple-density hipbelt
- Top loading
- Panel loading
- Extendable collar with drawcord for additional capacity
- Removable/ extendable top lid with two zippered compartments
- Four compression straps - two on each side
- Padded compression wings allow additional storage configurations
- Micro daisy chains
- Pockets: Stretch-mesh stash pockets on hipbelt, Map pocket, Kangaroo pocket with top compression strap, Two stretch-mesh pockets
- Hydration: HydroPort, Modular hose clip, Internal hydration pocket with zip
- Full length U-zipper access
- Laminated zipper protector, doubles as a compression storage flap
- Reinforced high wear areas
- Key clip
- Volume: Regular - 65 L / 72 L max, Tall - 68 L / 75 L max
- Weight: Regular - 2.2 kg / 78 oz, Tall - 2.3 kg / 81 oz
Buy the Arc'teryx Altra 65 LT Backpack for Men from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - Arc'teryx Men's Altra 65 LT Backpack
This pack is a load hauling monster. I just carried it for four days , and it swallowed all of my climbing/camping gear, even the bear canister, whole. The only gear I had on the ouside of the pack was my ice axe and camp shoes, and there was loads more room inside the pack. The pack weight was somewhere between 35-40 pounds, so it wasn't the heaviest out there, but I had no discomfert what so ever throughout the trip. I have carried a Gregory Baltero 70, Osprey Argon 70, and this Arcteryx is by far the cream of the crop. I cannot think of one bad thing to say about this pack, and look forward to using for years to come.
Quality as usual
This is a well made, well thought out, perfect backpack for 3-7 day hikes. All of the usual bells and whistles one would expect from Arcteryx, this bag has everything you need and then some. The adjustable support system they have is extremely comfortable and carrying 40lbs is a breeze. I am very pleased with this purchase as it's a great balance between today's ultra light packs and old school quality (ie: dana designs-mystery ranch packs). Altrec had a coupon code so that took the bite out of the price, even without the coupon I would gladly purchase again.
Great award pack
The suspension is like the Naos but better in every way. Thicker padding on the hips and shoulders not to mention adjust ability. The Uzipper is great, giving you the option to access gear from both sides, the kangaroo pocket is convenient, I am still not a fan of the top lid but it is more functional than the Naos. The wings are very useful along with the bottom flap, I carry a machete, flute, and sven saw in these flaps. Overall It is great.
Any Department [+]