Arc'teryx Men's Beta SL Jacket
Whether you are looking to lighten your backcountry kit or need packable insurance against moody mountain weather, the Arcteryx Men's Beta SL Jacket is heavy on performance and light on weight. The SL in this jacket's name stands for super-light. Arcteryx uses Gore-Tex PacLite fabric for uncompromising weight savings and waterproof and breathable performance. Beyond the light weight shell material, Arcteryx packs in all of the features that you expect in a high quality storm jacket. The Beta SL is the right choice for any extended mountain adventure where every gram counts. Whether you are hiking, ski touring or even traveling the world by bus, this lightweight, waterproof jacket has the high end performance that you want when Mother Nature decides to unleash her fury. The Arcteryx Beta SL for men delivers the performance of a much burlier shell in an easily packable package.
- Material: 340NR 2-layer Gore-Tex® PacLite®
- Waterproof / Breathable
- Compressible and packable
- DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) helps bead water from fabric surface
- Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight
- Tiny Gore® seam tape (13 mm)
- Laminated high-strength hanger loop
- Fully seam-sealed
- One-hand adjustable drawcords
- Anatomical shaping for fit and comfort
- Articulated patterning for unrestricted mobility
- No-lift gusseted underarms
- Adjustable hood drawcords
- Laminated brim
- Glove-friendly hood adjusters
- Trim-fitting Drop Hood™
- Laminated chin guard
- Two hand pockets with WaterTight™ zippers
- Note: WaterTight™ zippers are highly water resistant, but not waterproof
- WaterTight™ external zippers
- Molded zipper garages
- Corded zipper-pulls reduce noise and are easy to grab
- WaterTight™ full length front zip
- Laminated die-cut Velcro® cuff adjusters reduce bulk, and won't catch or tear off
- Laminated hem
- Adjustable hem drawcord
- Adjustable elastic waist drawcord
- Fit: Athletic, hip Length
- Weight: 314 g, 11.1 oz
Buy the Arc'teryx Beta SL Jacket for Men from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - Arc'teryx Men's Beta SL Jacket
The Best Hardshell Available
This is a fantastic jacket. Everything you need and not an ounce more. Perfection.
Great Lightweight Rain Jacket
This is a great rain jacket for hiking. Feel free to hike through the strongest storms with this jacket and stay dry. The jacket is very lightweight and compressible, so it fits easily in your pack with your other stuff. It also makes a great jacket for just wearing around town when it is raining. It fits a little small. I am normally a large, but the XL in this jacket fits me perfectly, so you might think about sizing up with this jacket. The only downside of this jacket is that it is not very breathable. You will sweat a lot when wearing this jacket, but that is an issue with all Gore-Tex jackets. If you want a jacket to be truly rainproof, you will have to deal with some breathability issue. Still a great product and I highly recommend it.
This is another surprise from Arc'teryx-I knew I'd get great,super high quality gear from the bird co.,but this just iced it. Warm,very comfortable,deep front zip,but what did it for me is the warmth to weight ratio and the fact that it's so thin-but really keeps me warm.Easily as warm as other heavier weight fleece that I have.One of my best,and quickly becoming a favorite. I have other 100 weight and 200 weight polartec fleece from other companies that don't hold a candle to this one.It's the warmth to weight that really does it.I'm a minimalist when it comes to clothing (travel light-freeze at night)so this can take the place of two midlayers stacked.