Bern Men's Brentwood Helmet with Zipmold Foam
Wear it in the winter as you hit urban rails or slash bottomless pow on sidecountry tree runs. When the sun comes out, transition seamlessly to skate and bike season when you remove the winter liner. The Men's Bern Brentwood Helmet with Zipmold Foam is the perfect all-season helmet for your full-schedule of extreme sports. A tough yet thin PVC shell has Berns exclusive liquid-injected Zipmold foam interior and meets head protection standards for skiing, snowboarding, biking and skating. Extremely lightweight and strong, this snow helmet has a low-profile Sink Fit so it rides low on your head and keeps your image intact. Vents keep your head cool and a clip at the back keeps your goggles on. Take on the mountain this winter and save space in your gear closet when summer rolls through town with the Bern Men's Brentwood Helmet.
- Polycarbonate (PVC) shell with liquid injected Zipmold hard foam
- Shell: Tough PVC thin shell exterior
- Impact Foam: Liquid injected Zipmold interior for high-impact protection
- Engineered with a tapered edge and seamless finish; ultra-lightweight Zipmold technology provides a high strength to weight ratio
- Standards: Complies with CPSC, ASTM F 2040, EN1078 for ski, snowboard, bike and skate
- Sink Fit: Low profile, surround fit and feel
- Eyewear Channel: Molded eyewear channels for comfortable fit
- Channel Air-Flow: Air channels that pull air through front vents and allow air to exit through back vents
- Twin Clip: Two goggle clip locations for custom fit
- All Season: helmet is compatible with a variety of interchangeable cold and warm weather liners, just snap in a different Bern liner for summer or winter use (sold separately)
- Polished, seamless, tapered finish designed for a thinner, lighter, lower profile helmet
- Weight: 14.1 oz (S â€“M), 14.6 oz (L-XL), 15.8 oz (XXL-XXXL)
Buy the Bern Brentwood Helmet with Zipmold Foam for Men from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - Bern Men's Brentwood Helmet with Zipmold Foam
Check the sizing chart
Before you buy, definitely check the sizing chart. Athough I don't have an XL body, evidently I have an XL head by Bern standards. So that is what I ordered and it fits very well. The design appears to provide more coverage than conventional bike helmets. There is a place on the back to attach a small light also. My only concern is that there aren't as many ventilation holes as my older helmet, and may be too warm in the summer. But as it is winter now, that isn't a concern. The knit liner meshes perfectly and is quite warm. I'll have to get the summer liner. It's too bad you can't buy them both with the helmet. Overall, I'm pleased. I hope I never need it. But I wouldn't get on a bike without one.
I finally found a helmet that fits!!
Okay -- for all of 'yoose' guys and gals with huge heads. This xxxl helmet is the ONLY one available that actually fits and is comfortable. This helmet fits like a glove -- very, very happy with it. One heck of a lot more comfortable than the helmet I use for beekeeping -- yikes.
I have worn bike helmets for some 25 years and never liked paying more than $30 for a helmet. I just got tired of helmets that never felt snug around my head. My coworker had a Bern Brentwood and I liked the shape. I tried it on and I really liked how snug and comfortable it felt. Altrec had a nice sale. So I bought one. I can't comment on its durability because I just got it. But the comfort and fit are great. My wife and son tried it and they want one too. So I'm going to end up ordering a couple of more of these.