Bern Men's Macon Helmet
While the Bern Macon Helmet for men gives a nod to skate styling, this winterized snowboarding helmet is all about safety with thermal comfort. It's made with an ABS shell that's thicker than most snowboard helmet designs. The larger ABS shell is specifically designed to accommodate an open cell Brock foam. Brock foam allows more air circulation than conventional snowboard helmets, so it helps keep you cool and dry. There is one trade off: The Macon does not meet the same action sports head protection standard as cycling or kayaking helmets made by Bern. This half-shell helmet will protect against low-force impacts and possibly prevent concussions when hard foam helmets cannot. The Macon features seven vents that passively pull cool air through the front of the helmet as warm air is pulled out the back vents. The ear pads are removable, so you can enjoy extra venting comfort while riding across sun drenched snowfields in the early summer.
- Shell: Thick ABS shell specifically designed for Brock foam
- Impact Foam: Soft and breathable Brock foam for low-impact protection
- Open-cell Brock foam allows air to circulate to keep you cool and dry
- Removable ear pads
- Seven vents
- All Season: helmet is compatible with a variety of interchangeable cold and warm weather liners, just snap in a different Bern liner for summer or winter use (sold separately)
- Standards: Hard Hats do not meet action sports head protection standards. Hard Hats are designed to protect against multiple lower force impacts and may prevent concussions when hard foam helmets will not.
- Weight: 15.7 oz (S), 16.8 oz (M), 18.2 oz (L)
Buy the Bern Macon Helmet for Men from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - Bern Men's Macon Helmet
Snug and Safe
My all weather helmet for mid-winter and spring skiing. Keep ear inserts in in the winter and take them off in the spring. Helmet is a little snug at first but will be just right after the first day. Very stylish.
Solid helmet, no nonsense
This helmet does just exactly what you want a helmet to do: Protects and doesn't get in the way. The fit seems accurate. It doesn't have a bill, but I didn't want one. The net result is that nothing limits your field of view. Very warm, but if you need you can pull out the thermal attachments and cool it down significantly. don't hesitate to get this helmet if they have it in your size a price you like.
i would highly recommend this helmet. It fits great and is so much more stylistic than that of other helmets you see on the slopes. Plus it has a european look to it, vs. the cheap foam mountain bike helmet look others have.