Big Agnes Insulated Air Core Sleeping Pad
Winner of the prestigious Editor's Choice Award from Backpacker magazine in 2004, the Big Agnes Insulated Air Core Sleeping Pad takes the best features of the popular Air Core and add PrimaLoft synthetic insulation to create the ultimate air chamber pad. The two track pads are constructed using a lightweight die cut foam core, while the Hinman pads are solid foam core pads that deliver comfort and value. Performance features include durable, lightweight 50D nylon diamond rip-stop top and bottom, light and compact three season pad, with 2.5" of comfort, PrimaLoft eco: synthetic insulation made from 50% recycled materials, and I-beam construction that eliminates welded seams to reduce cold spots and ensures quick inflation/deflation, Big Agnes sleeping pads are designed to provide years of comfortable nights in the backcountry. The Air Core air chamber sleeping pad has gained a huge following due to its light weight and small packed size. This pad is rated to 15 degrees comfort.
- Material: 20" pads: Durable, lightweight 50D nylon diamond rip-stop top and bottom
- Light and compact three season pad, with 2.5" of comfort
- PrimaLoft eco: synthetic insulation made from 50% recycled materials used in all 20" wide pads
- I-beam construction eliminates welded seams to reduce cold spots and ensures quick inflation/deflation, consistent air flow and stability
- Internal polyurethane coating
- Add a closed cell foam pad in colder temperatures for extra insulation
- Non-breakable brass valve with plastic coated EZ-Flate mouthpiece
- Includes stuff sack and repair kit
- Repair kit small pocket on the inside of the stuff sack
- Each pad individually inflated and tested
- EZ-Flate Valve instructions
- Rated to: 15 degrees
- Dimensions: Petite - 20 x 66 x 2.5in, Regular - 20 x 72 x 2.5in, Long - 20 x 78 x 2.5in
- Weight: 24 oz
Buy the Big Agnes Insulated Air Core Sleeping Pad from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - Big Agnes Insulated Air Core Sleeping Pad
The Big Agnes System
Just as the Big Agnes air core sleeping pad fits the innovative company's Lost Ranger sleeping bag, the bag and pad fit the Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1 single person tent. It took me a couple of years to get this system together, but it was worth the wait. I bought the tent first and it's fine, with excellent customer support, from Steamboat Springs (CO), but my old bag and the rigid foam pad did not conform. The pad kept slipping sideways during the night, and I would find myself waking on the cold, hard tent floor. No slippage problem now: the full-length pad slips into the envelope of the bag, making unit that does not slip-slide around. This is in addition to the bright Big Agnes innovation of making the air-filled pad the bottom of the bag. It's warmer and lighter.
Most Comfortable Sleep Ever
I really loved this sleeping pad because of the comfort it provided during a 2 1/2 month camping trip and never getting any punctures. Inflating it took about 3 minutes and was definitely worth the extra time, no matter what surface our tent was on- rocks, grass, holes- I couldn't feel any of it. I was really careful about keeping it in the tent so I wouldn't get any holes and the one time I slept out of the tent I made sure to put something in between the pad and the ground. The pad provided good insulation from the ground, we camped in below freezing temperatures and I was not cold from the ground.
it's comfortable, lightweight, packs small, and keeps me warm. what's not to love? Big Agnes has designed a fantastic system, I'll never go back to traditional pads and bags.