Black Diamond Equipment Camalot C4
Two thousand feet above the deck you find yourself in an interesting position. One hand is jammed in a splitter granite crack; the other hand is pumped beyond belief and grabbing for a piece of protection. Thankfully, you chose to rack up with Black Diamond's C4 Camalots, which increases your chances of choosing the right size on the first grab because of the unit's large expansion range. The cable loop and trigger are easy to grab, and the slings are large enough to manipulate with gloves. This is the third generation of BD Camalots and they just keep getting better-they are 30-percent lighter than the originals. So grab, place and keep moving... You're exploding up your routes with C4's by Black Diamond.
Depending on availability, choose one of 10 sizes.
- Wide expansion ranges overlap sizes which allows you to carry fewer pieces and select the right size more often
- Ergonomic triggers can be pulled easily with gloved or mittened fingers
- Single-stem stainless-steel cables are rigid for easy placement, and the cable loops allow a higher clearance for aid climbing
- Fat cam widths distribute the load on soft rock while the overall cam width is narrow for cracks
- Radiused teeth increase cam durability and holding power
- Available in 10 sizes; see specifications listed below for size = range / strength / weight / color:
- 0.3 = 13.8 - 23.4mm / 8kN / 75g / blue
- 0.4 = 15.5 - 26.7mm / 10kN / 83g / gray
- 0.5 = 19.6 - 33.5mm / 12kN / 99g / purple
- 0.75 = 23.9 - 41.2mm / 14kN / 119g / green
- 1 = 30.2 - 52.1mm / 14kN / 136g / red
- 2 = 37.2 - 64.9mm / 14kN / 155g / yellow
- 3 = 50.7 - 87.9mm / 14kN / 201g / blue
- 4 = 66.0 - 114.7mm / 14kN / 289g / gray
- 5 = 85.4 - 148.5mm / 14 kN / 380g / purple
- 6 = 114.1 - 195.0mm / 14 kN / 557g / green
Buy the Black Diamond Equipment Camalot C4 from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - Black Diamond Equipment Camalot C4
These cams are well made. They are durable. They fit well in my hands and the action is smooth. These cams are what I grab first when I want to place a solid piece of pro and keep moving.
Trust them with my life
Very solid, easy to place, easy to clean, love the double axle design. Trigger is so smooth. I will definately buy doubles and triples, especially .75, #1, and #2. The colors make it easy to grab the right piece the first time. You will not be disappointed!
What you hear is true!
Just building my first rack and couldn't be happier. I followed the advice I got and picked up C4's for everything above .5