Deuter AC Lite 18 Daypack
For long hikes in the heat of summer, experience the breathable comfort of the Deuter AC Lite 18 Daypack. Featuring a top-quality Aircomfort mesh back that lets hot air dissipate freely as well as a ventilated pad for carrying comfort and stability, this fully featured pack is a great choice for your next adventure. Compact and lightweight, the Deuter AC Lite 18 Daypack is abrasion resistant, durable and just as tough as the terrain your tackle.
- Material: Deuter-microrip-nylon, Deuter-ripstop 210
- Contoured, softly padded shoulder straps
- Durable spring steel frame provides a flexible and light structure, and applies tension to the mesh
- The mesh back provides comfort and top class ventilation: the hot air dissipates freely from three sides.
- Ventilated pads made of bilaminate foam (AC Lite series, Zugspitze 20 SL and 25), or contoured hip belt with ventilated pads (GrÃ¶den 30 SL and 35) for ideal carrying comfort, and stability
- Volume: 1100 cu in, 18 liter
- Size (H x W x D): 21 x 12 x 7.5 in, 53, 30, 19 cm
- Weight: 2 lb oz, 900 g
Buy the Deuter AC Lite 18 Daypack from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - Deuter AC Lite 18 Daypack
Great lite daypack
I have the larger version of this pack. I purchased this pack for warm day hikes. I have used it several times and I love it. I bought one for my son.
Great Back Pack
The suspended mesh support system is so comfortable you can't even feel the weight. I have some minor back problems and I can't even feel like I'm carrying anything significant. This pack is in a class by itself. Love it!
Very good, with some reservations
I decided to purchase this for a trip to China, an ultimately for my day to day stuff in NYC. The size is great, since I sometimes overpack my backpacks and make them uncomfortable. The mesh screen is nice, but I still sweat with it regardless - it's just now the backpack is drier. I'm not crazy about having to put the rain coat on the outside of the bag, since it saturates fast anyway. If there is a downpour, the top compartment gets wet fast (so don't keep paper products or kleenex there). I always forget and put it on after it's too late. The biggest issues I have with this bag are that it takes several steps to get into the bag - first the clasp, and then the drawstring that always gets stuck. And if you put the bag down on its bottom, it rolls around like a weeble, due to the curved shape. Restaurants, subways, you name it, I'm always trying to find the best way to keep this bag propped upright. All around a decent bag, just a few quirks. The comfort (and hip pads) make up for it without a doubt.