Deuter ACT Zero 50 Plus 15 Backpack
Experienced hikers and mountaineers will rejoice at the clean design of the Deuter ACT Zero 50+15 Backpack. This technical backpack was awarded 2011 Gear of the Year by Outside Magazine and makes minimalist design a priority without losing site of what hikers and climbers need in a backpack.
It's a traditional top loading pack and owes much of its weight-saving design to its hollow-core internal frame and Duratex-Lite pack material. In addition, its clean design reduces unnecessary straps and seldom-used features in favor of practical and useful components like side compression straps, ice axe and trekking pole loops and a removable top lid. Mesh side pockets, hip belt pockets and hydration system compatibility add convenient storage without adding undue weight.
This Deuter pack has the VariQuick adjustable shoulder straps and the Aircontact Lite back system for lots of well-ventilated comfort. You'll find breathable padding, anatomically shaped hip fins and contoured shoulder straps designed with your comfort in mind. Together, these components create a stable, comfy suspension system to carry your overnight load.
- Material: Deuter-Duratex-Lite; 500 denier weave, PU coating
- Material: Deuter-Ripstop 210; 210 denier nylon ripstop with technical shiny surface, PU coating
- Aircontact Lite back system (ACT)
- Breathable padding on back with a ventilating hollow chamber foam
- Anatomic profiled X-frame has torsional rigidity and flexibility
- Vari Quick System for easy adjustment to any back length
- X-Frame construction
- Contoured shoulder straps with 3D AirMesh lining
- Anatomically shaped hip fins: inner side is soft foam with 3D AirMesh lining, firm foam on outside is anatomically shaped to hips, side compression straps regulate load
- Stabilizer straps / load lifter straps with Triglide buckles
- Height adjustable lid closure
- Padded hipbelt
- Sternum strap
- Hydration System 3-liter compatible (reservoir not included)
- Wet Pocket
- Valuables pocket
- SOS label
- ACT Zero series, built for thru hiker who travels light and fast
- Volume: 3050 cu in, 50 liters
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 30 x 12 x 9.4 in, 76 x 30 x 24 cm
- Weight: 3 lb 4 oz, 1480 g
Buy the Deuter ACT Zero 50 Plus 15 Backpack from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - Deuter ACT Zero 50 Plus 15 Backpack
Great multifunctional pack
Light weight and durable. Very easy to adjust to fit. I hope to use this pack on the Camino de Santiago sometime in the fall or spring and have no doubt it will serve me well. I am 5'10" and weigh 185lbs and this pack fits like it is part of me.
My first impressions about this pack are really good. It looks very light and comfortable. Size is perfect for weekend or 4-5 days backpacking, and the 15L extra size are an excellent idea. Highly recommended!
I tried this backpack at an outdoor store in Washington, DC but did not want to carry it back to Florida with me. So when I came home I ordered it. When it arrived it just did not feel the same although I made all necessary adjustments. At the store they never mentioned that this pack came in a women's version. So I am sending it back. I have a 18 inch torso. This backpack would be better for women with larger torsos. As to quality, it is sturdy, feels light, and looks well made.