Giro Sport Design Seam Helmet
Keep your head comfy and safe in the Giro Seam Helmet while you tear it up all over the mountain. "Adjustable does not even begin to describe this snow helmet. It has 12 Super Cool vents for plenty of airflow with a slider on top of the helmet to open and close them as conditions change; they go from fully open, to partially open, to fully closed. The padded chin strap adjusts, and the tightness of the helmet changes as your turn the wheel at the back of the head. If you need to change the height of the helmet, take it off and unsnap the back pad, snap it in to a higher or lower position depending on how you want it to ride on your head -- this should help it fit better with your goggles, eliminating the dreaded gaper gap, and preventing nose pinch. The padding is machine washable and contains X-Static anti bacterial silver fibers to keep your Giro helmet fresh, and the ear pads are compatible with their TuneUps system (sold separately). Whether you're bombing the groomers on your skis, or floating through the trees on your snowboard, the Giro Seam Helmet offers plenty of protection in a comfy, ultra stylish package.
- In-mold construction: fuses a tough polycarbonate outer shell with the helmet's impact-absorbing foam liner
- X-Static anti bacterial padding keeps helmet fresh, also machine washable
- 12 Super Cool vents with Thermostat control: slider on top of helmet to open and close vents
- Stack Vent: a vent that lines up with the center top vent in your goggles to help prevent fog
- Audio: compatible with all aftermarket TuneUps systems (sold separately)
- Certification: ASTM 2040 / CE EN1077
- In Form Fit System: a wheel on the back adjusts the tightness, and the back of the helmet has a snap-in adjustment to change how it rides vertically, eliminating gaper gap and nose pinch issues with your goggles
- In Form™ Sizes: S (52 â€“ 55.5cm), M (55.5 â€“ 59cm), L (59 â€“ 62.5cm)
Buy the Giro Sport Design Seam Helmet from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - Giro Sport Design Seam Helmet
I purchased this helmet prior to going on a ski trip to Park City this past week - we covered 4 different resorts in the area; Park City, Alta, Snowbird & Deer Valley in some pretty amazing conditions on very tough trails - and my helmet held up great through some tumbles and falls. It kept me both warm - and did not overheat during warmer days of over 50 degrees. I was always comfortable and felt protected throughout. I would highly recommend thsi to anyone. I am a 28 year old petite female and I wore an adult men's small.
So far the helmet has met my expectations. It is lightweight and fits my noggin really well. The rear adjustment wheel makes everything nice and snug. Plus it looks great! The only negative is that I've found it isn't exactly comfortable with the optional TuneUps installed. They press against my ears. I think with some fiddling I can reduce the discomfort. It also takes some ingenuity to run the cords inside the helmet. Adding the TuneUps definitely isn't a simple task! For what it's worth, I have a size medium helmet.