Giro Sport Design Shiv 2 Helmet
Designed with the clean, old school, bucket lid style of street-ready skate helmets, the Giro Shiv 2 Helmet looks un-fussed and awesome, and it's loaded with modern features to make it ultra comfy. First off, it's lightweight. The In-Mold construction fuses a burly polycarbonate outer shell with the inner foam lining, helping it keep a low profile on your head while meeting safety requirements for skiing and snowboarding. You get a custom fit with 3 sets of pads, ensuring your Giro helmet is not too tight, not too loose, but juuuuuuust right. The pads attach to the helmet with Velcro strips for easy swapping. If you're out on a sunny spring day and you want to cool off your head, the Shiv 2 has 8 Super Cool vents to keep the fresh air moving through. If you're heading into a February blizzard, then unroll the little Weatherstrip Vent Shields to cover each one up, sealing out the weather and keeping your head cozy. Whether you like to hit the line of kickers under the chair lift, or freestyling the powder lines is more your style, you and your head will love the Giro Shiv 2 Helmet.
- In-mold construction: fuses a tough polycarbonate outer shell with the helmet's impact-absorbing foam liner
- 8 Super Cool vents
- Weatherstrip Vent Shields: seals off vents in extremely cold conditions; simply unroll each shield over its corresponding vent, a Velcro tab secures the shield when not in use to allow proper ventilation
- Compatible with all after market TuneUps systems (sold separately)
- Fit Kit Pad System: allows you to dial in your fit using different thickness comfort pads on the interior of the helmet; just pull the hook and loop backed pads out and swap them out for the thickness you need
- Fit Kit™ Sizes: 3 Fit Kit Sizes
- Certification: CE EN1077
Buy the Giro Sport Design Shiv 2 Helmet from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - Giro Sport Design Shiv 2 Helmet
Poor fit and quality
I have had good luck with Giro helmets in the past. However, this helmet was poor fitting. It seems that they used the same internal mold from adjustable helmets, and as this does not have the adjustable piece that runs over your head it feels like there is an inch or more space between the top of your head and the helmet, even if the width fits perfectly. The earpieces also felt cheap. I returned the item.