Keen Women's Targhee II Shoe
Whether you wear the Keen Women's Targhee II shoe for trail running or just roaming around the campsite, you're going to feel a comfortable difference over conventional waterproof active wear shoes. That's because unlike other trail running shoe manufacturers who opt to use the same waterproof membranes found on practically every running shoe on the market, Keen took a route less traveled and used a new eVENT membrane fabric with Dry System Technology for better breathable comfort in wet weather. The difference is one that you can feel. Most waterproof/breathable technologies require that perspiration condenses to moisture before it can pass through the membrane. eVENT membrane fabric allows sweat to pass through in vapor form, so your feet don't feel soaked in sweat like you would in other weatherproof trail running shoes. The heel of the Women's Targhee II features Keen's S3 heel support structure, a special shock-absorbing design that's engineered to support your foot on impact, minimizing your chances of twisting an ankle on rolling terrain. Like other Keen performance shoes, the Women's Targhee II is all about stability, but if you're looking for drier socks at the end of the day, the new Dry System Technology is worth checking out - especially if you forgot to pack extra socks for the return trip home.
- Named the Best Value lightweight hiking shoe in the 2007 Backpacker magazine Gear Guide
- Upper: leather, webbing and mesh
- Lining: KEEN.DRY™ waterproof membrane and breathable textile
- Dual-density compression molded EVA midsole
- Removable metatomical footbed is anatomically engineered to provide excellent arch support and cradle the natural contours of the foot
- KEEN.DRY™ waterproof breathable membrane that lets vapor out without letting water in
- 4mm multi directional lugs
- KEEN.PROTECT patented toe protection
- S3 Heel support structure: shock, suspension, stability â€“ otherwise known as S3 â€“ is engineered to support the foot on impact, dissipate shock and reduce your odds of twisting an ankle
- Torsion stability ESS shank
- Outsole: non-marking rubber outsole
- Activities: hiking
- Type: shoes, lace up
- Weather: wet â€“ waterproof
- Fit Tip: we find this style runs about a 1/2 size small
- Weight: 13.74 oz, 389.522 g
Buy the Keen Targhee II Shoe for Women from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - Keen Women's Targhee II Shoe
Loved this shoe
After purchasing this shoe, my hiking experience completely changed. Comfy, sturdy... just all around great.
Great hiking shoes
I have been wearing these for 2 years now on many all day hikes. They have been great. They are great on rocky trails. Great stability, durability and arch support. I bought a half size larger and at first I was worried because they seem to slip around some the heal area, however when hiking no problems at all. No break in period necessary and never any blisters. If you prefer a snug boot or shoe though these might not be for you.
Keen Targhee Waterproof Trail Shoe
This is my first pair of Keen's. I bought the women's Targhee Trail Shoe. They arrived very quickly. Out of the box they fit perfectly and where immediately comfortable. I have radiation damage from cancer treatments in my lower spine - sacrum - and both my SI joints. I have always been an active outdoors woman - horses, hiking, camping and I need something to help stabilize me comfortably will walking so I could get some of my former lifestyle back. We are planning a big trip out West and I am very concerned about all the walking and trails we are going to be going on. I really need something that will stick me to the ground. I bought theses for comfort and the tread surface on the shoe to help prevent falls. I love them. The look great, feel great, and I am very pleased with my purchase. I am so pleased I am talking my daughter and son to getting Keen's for hiking on the trip as well. Thank you!