Kelty Cosmic 0 Degree 550 Fill Down Sleeping Bag
New for 2011! With a bright shell design, the Cosmic 0 Degree Down Sleeping Bag from Kelty alludes the feeling of warmth. Perfect for a winter backpacking trip, the Cosmic Down 0 retains warmth exceptionally well due to the insulated draft tube, hood and collar baffles.
- Material: Shell - 50D polyester taffeta
- Liner material: 50D polyester taffeta
- Insulation: 550-fill-power down
- Slant-baffle construction
- Full baffle collar
- Insulated hood baffle
- 3/4-length, two-way locking zipper
- Zipper draft tube with anti-snag design
- Internal liner loops
- Sleeping pad security loops
- Hang loops for storage
- FatMan and Ribbonâ„¢ drawcords
- Captured cordlock
- Ground-level side seams prevent heat from escaping
- Differential cut to maximize loft and warmth
- Stuff sack included
- Shape: Mummy
- Temp Rating: 0Â° / -18Â°C
- Fits: regular - to 6â€™ / 183 cm, long - to 6â€™6â€� / 198 cm
- Length: regular - 78â€� / 198 cm, long â€“ 84â€� / 213 cm
- Shoulder girth: regular - 62â€� / 157 cm, long - 64â€� / 163 cm
- Stuffed diameter: regular - 9" / 23 cm, long - 9" / 23 cm
- Stuffed length: regular - 17" /Â 43 cm, long - 17" / 43 cm
- Fill weight: regular - 34 oz. / 0.95 kg, long - 36 oz. / 1.01 kg
- Total weight: regular - 3 lb. 11 oz. / 1.65 kg, long - 3 lb. 14 oz. / 1.74 kg
Buy the Kelty Cosmic 0 Degree 550 Fill Down Sleeping Bag from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - Kelty Cosmic 0 Degree 550 Fill Down Sleeping Bag
Great price point and value
Even though the down is 550- fill (rather than 650) it is very well made with a durable outer shell and functions extremely well. It is not to heavy for extreme weight sensitive restrictions on long 4-7 day backpacking trips but seems ideal for 3 season and winter weekend trips or for car camping. The baffel design is well made to keep drafts out and the hood works well. I just received it and have only used it a few times since Christmas but the overall craftsmanship and good loft should prove it to be a durable sleeping bag with proper care and storage between trips. I intend to purchase a liner that will help maintain the inner shell of the bag and provide a little help for added warmth in the coldest sub 0 Appalachian winters. The distinctive cosmic blaze design even looks warm and assures that you'll not confuse it with any other bag belonging to friends. Cannot beat this bag on value for price.
Great if you like mummy bags
Overall this is a great sleeping bag. Kept me really warm in 30 degree weather and was super comfortable. My only really complaint is that is does not compressed down as well as other sleeping bags I have seen. It's rather large for a down.
Just got this in the mail. I haven't gone camping yet but the main thing i was stoked about this sleeping bag is that it is roomy. Also i like to be able to zip the bottom so i can stick my feet out if it gets too hot. Super comfy.