Marmot Men's PreCip Jacket
Iconic in the realm of outerwear shells, the Marmot Men's PreCip Jacket has led the performance-value standard for a decade; receiving the Backpacker Magazine 2010 Award for Best $100 Shell on the Market. Updated for 2011, this everyday and multi-sport jacket uses a Proprietary PreCip coating that offers 100% waterproof protection from the elements without sacrificing breathability, performance or durability. Updating its bi-component technology for 2011, the Precip is 50% more waterproof and 20% more breathable with ceramic particles added to the waterproof coating for even greater durability. Given an active cut with Angel-Wing Movement to prevent binding that allows for a full range of motion in the arms so the jacket doesn't ride up; underarm PitZips that extend into the body provide for aggressive venting. Sporting a full visibility roll-up hood with integral collar, this jacket also has a Driclime lined chin guard that is moisture wicking. Stacked with performance detail, this foul weather jacket features a double storm flap over the zipper with snap/Velcro closure, elastic draw cord hem, and slanted chest Pack pockets that can be easily accessed while wearing a pack. Rolling down into a compact package that easily stuffs into a pack or tote, the new Marmot Men's PreCip Jacket takes waterproof, breathable weather protection to a new level - going wherever your outdoor adventures take you.
- Backpacker Magazine Award 2010 for Best
- 100 Shell on the Market
- Fabric: PreCip® 100% nylon ripstop, 2.7oz/yd
- 2.5L waterproof/breathable fabric
- 100% seam taped
- Fully lined with mesh and taffeta
- PreCip® Dry Touch Technology finish reduces condensation, helping to eliminate that clammy feeling
- Full visibility roll-up hood with integral collar
- Driclime® lined chin guard - moisture wicking fabric protects your face from the zipper
- Pitzips - underarm zip that extends into the body for aggressive venting
- Angel-Wing Movement - allows full range of motion in arms so jacket doesn't ride up
- Double storm flap over zipper with snap/Velcro® closure
- Elastic draw cord hem - for adjustability in serious weather
- Pack pockets - slanted chests pockets that can be accessed while wearing a pack
- Designed to fit over fleece or softshells
- Recommended for: hiking, biking, multisport, travel
- Center Back Length: 29 in (sz med)
- Weight: 14 oz, 396.8 g
Buy the Marmot PreCip Jacket for Men from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - Marmot Men's PreCip Jacket
Great backpacking jacket
I bought this jacket for my girlfriend in a medium. She's 6'0" tall/skinny and has trouble fitting women's sizes, especially Marmot. Either the sleeves are never long enough, the jacket is too short, or too baggy in the stomach, or too wide. The men's medium fits the way she likes: The sleeves can cover her hands and the jacket reaches halfway down her shorts. It leaves enough room for a Merino baselayer and a down jacket for colder nights/hikes. It has pit zips that help with ventilation. The hood has kept her face dry on many hikes. The outer material is durable and puncture resistant. We know this because we hike several trails in Southern California that are overgrown and poorly maintained. For those backpackers looking to transition to lightweight/ultralight backpacking, the Precip is an affordable alternative to higher priced jackets. It does everything you need without too many extras. And if you're a taller woman and have trouble getting the right size, try it out in men's.
Men's PreClip Jacket
Other than it's a little noisy (when walking around people), the jacket is wonderfully well designed. Works well in all weather (including being breathable).
great lightweight rain protection
The Marmot PreCip rain jacket offers great lightweight rain protection. The jacket is thin which makes it nice to wear alone or over a warm jacket in colder weather. Will roll up to fit nicely in a bag or back pack.