Metolius Ultralight TCU Free Pkg
Designed for great performance when alpine, aid or free climbing, the Metolius Ultralight TCU Packaged set includes 4 Ultralight TCU cams that are lightweight and have a narrow head width that allows them to fit where other cams won't. Built with a Range Finder feedback system, the Ultralight TCU is easier and safer to place and the U-shaped, stainless steel body provides greater durability than single-stem units and unparalleled control during placement and retraction. Set includes 4 cams; sizes #1-4 and free cam lube.
- Worldâ€™s best selling mini-cam
- Pre-packed set of the 4 best-selling sizes: #1-4 plus FREE CAM LUBE
- Save 10% when purchasing the set over buying them individually
- 7075 T-6 aluminum CNC machined for much greater precision than stamped or extruded cams
- Color-coded sewn slings and tubing
- Narrow head width for the most placement options
- Direct Axle Technology™ (DAT™) makes Ultralight TCUs the lightest cams units in the world
- DAT allows for more placement options in shallow, narrow, or bottoming placements
- DAT makes tricky placements easier due to better cam lobe visibility, especially in the small sizes
- 13 mm Dyneema slings are lighter and less bulky
- Ranger Finder tells you at a glance if you've chosen the right size cam for the placement
- Optimized cam angle for more outward force
- Wider cam faces for more grip
- U-shaped body for greater durability & unparalleled control during placement and retraction
- CE/UIAA certified
- Hand built, inspected and individually tested to 1/2 rated strength in Bend, Oregon
- Includes 4 cams: #1-4
Buy the Metolius Ultralight TCU Free Pkg from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - Metolius Ultralight TCU Free Pkg
This active protection is very easy to place with the use of thumb and one finger. Cams grip the rock well and when placed properly you know its going to hold.
These are my first set of cams, and I also purchased the TCU 4pk set as well. I all my cams 30% from Altrec, wich turned into 2 free cams for the money. The range of each cam is a little less than the C4s, so there are a few more cams to cover the range.. but this allows for extra cams on the harness for other placements. Combined with several essential C4s, it's the perfect rack.
GREAT PRICE, GREAT CAM
An essential range package, whether to use as a base for your rack or as a second. As mentioned in the description "the U-shaped... body provides... unparalleled control during placement and retraction." In laymen terms, you can pull the trigger back with only one finger on the outside of the U or the middle, unlike single stem cams (two finger min). It's real nice if you're in a weird positions trying to finagle it into or out of place. No plastic parts either (i.e. trigger), which means more durable. They're perfect for a normal parallel crack, but I'd recommend C3s for anything smaller than blue for the narrow head and strength. Did I mention they're light (for a cam)?