Mountain Boy Sledworks Double Kicksled
Kicksledding is pure joy, and turns nearly all sledders into mountain boys and girls. Gliding along on hard-packed snow or ice seems effortless (though its actually good exercise), and you get to take your sweetheart or young one along too. As if that werent good enough, kicksledding is also excellent aerobic exercise and a fantastic way to get a workout in the course of routine daily activities! Snowpacked streets, back roads, and well-used snowmobile trails are perfect for kicksledding, particularly those with a gentle grade. A long, plowed driveway curling down a hillside. Mountain Boy kicksleds are an artistic interpretation of a traditional, time-tested Nordic design. The sled body, including the very comfortable slatted seat, is made of American white ash. Screws are stainless steel, and connecting bolts are high-grade anodized steel. The runners are highly flexible tempered steel, with polished and waxed edges. Rings are welded to the front of each runner, making it simple to attach a bridle and tugline for dogsledding. Multiple coats of UV-resistant finish mean the sled can be left outside for extended periods without damage.The handle on each sled is a specially chosen native willow branch, hand-carved for a perfect fit and polished to show its natural beauty. No two handles are alike, and each has its own unique look and feel. Because each kicksled is a one-of-a-kind work, each is signed and numbered on the bottom by the sledmaker. On the front, the Mountain Boy brand is burned into the ash of the backrest, drawing attention to the individual grain of each piece of wood. And on the back, an elasticized storage compartment provides space for a sweater or lunch box.The copper footrest is light, strong and sets off the wood tones of the sled. As it ages, the copper gains a fine patina that only develops more character overtime. Removable nuts at the front of each runner allow each sled to be easily collapsed and transported on top of a vehicle
- Traditional Norwegian kicksled, made by hand in Silverton, Colorado
- Birch handle and slats of beautiful hardwoods make each kicksled unique
- Stained red hand rails keep children in, and allow them to maintain a solid grip.
- Runners are powder-coated steel, and welded rings on the front of the runners make it easy to harness a dog;Â we recommend our Mushing Package.
- Personalize your sled with hand engraving. Lettering is 2" tall and runs lengthwise up the center of the sled. (Limt 10 characters. Please put the name you would like in the "Gift Message Box" during check out - keep in mind to be 'Cap Sensitive' went entering in the name.)
- * Handling fee and ground only shipping may apply to this product.
Buy the Mountain Boy Sledworks Double Kicksled from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - Mountain Boy Sledworks Double Kicksled
Our family of 3 uses this all winter. Its easy to glide around on, with or without passengers. Its great excercise, or just cruisin' down the road to run errands. It made locally so its a solid product with beautiful natural wood finish. I definatly recommend it!