Mountain Safety Research Men's Lightning Ascent Snowshoes
MSR Men's Lightning Ascent Snowshoes
- Torsion2™ crampons
- 360Â° Traction™ frames deliver edge-to-edge grip
- Dual-component PosiLock™ AT bindings
- Aggressive steel cross members and easily engaged Ergo™ Televators back you up with every step
- Modular Flotation tails
- On-demand flotation of optional, 5-inch (13-cm) tails
- Ergo™ Televators reduce fatigue and increase traction on the steeps
- Load: 120 - 220 lbs, 54 - 100+ kilos (size 25); 150 - 280 lbs, 68 - 127+ kilos (size 30)
- Load w/ tails: 120 - 280 lbs, 54 - 127 kilos (size 25); 180 - 300+ lbs, 82 - 136+ kilos (size 30)
- Length: 25 in, 64 cm; 30 in, 76 cm
- Width: 8 in, 20 cm (size 25); 8 in, 20 cm (size 30)
- Weight per pair: 3 lbs 15 oz, 1785 g (size 25); 4 lbs 7 oz, 2012 g (size 30)
- Made in Seattle, USA
Buy the Mountain Safety Research Lightning Ascent Snowshoes for Men from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - Mountain Safety Research Men's Lightning Ascent Snowshoes
The Best Snowshoes You Can Buy!
Here is the deal, they are expensive! But they are no joke! I have owned a pair of 22 inch Ascents for 4 years now and they get worked hard every year. I would trust no other shoe for the early winter and late spring hiking when I am spending almost as much time scrambling on rocks as I am on snow. They are bullet proof! Super easy to put on or take off even in gloves. The televators make a huge difference on steep terrain. If you are just doing some light trail hiking, save your money, but if your like me and go deep and bushwhack into rough terrain, or just want the best gear, this is it. They wont let you down. They look rough in the picture, but that's because they earned it! By the way, I also own a pair of the Evo Ascents. I have only used those twice but they seem to be of good quality but I'll save that rating for when they have earned the respect, or not. Peace!