New Balance Women's W890v2 Running Shoes
A lightweight update to the very popular 890 training model, the New Balance W890 Running Shoes for women combine lightweight technology with style. These breathable training shoes combine tried and true technologies to offer maximum support and shock absorption to keep your feet comfortable during long runs and extended training sessions.
The breathable nylon mesh upper is strategically reinforced with synthetic leather overlays for maximum support during long training runs. Top of the foot comfort is ensured with welded seams, a flat lacing system, and soft, flat laces. A foam footbed provides a plush feel during every run. The molded REVlite midsole foam is 30% lighter than competitors' foams and exceptionally shock absorbing. Additionally, ABZORB midfoot cushioning provides another layer of shock absorption. The N-Durance rubber outsole is extremely durable and, combined with blown rubber in strategic areas, reduces weight and provides a more cushioned landing.
Lightweight comfort and training-worthy durability are the hallmark features of the New Balance W890 Running Shoes for women.
- Upper: Breathable mesh upper, foam-lined, with synthetic leather overlays in critical stress areas, textile-lined padded tongue and footbed for interior comfort
- Welded upper seams, a flat lacing system, and soft, flat laces for comfort
- Midsole: Molded REVlite midsole foam is 30% lighter than competitors' foams and exceptionally shock absorbing
- Midsole: ABZORB® midfoot cushioning provides another layer of shock absorption to the midsole
- Outsole: N-Durance® rubber outsole is designed with blown rubber in key areas for traction, reduced weight, and additional cushioning
- Widths (depending on availability): 2A Narrow, B Standard, D Wide, 2E Extra Wide
- Shoe Last PL-1: this shape provides a standard fit with slight adjustments, including a more anatomical heel, an improved arch and a closer fit in the toe box, one of their most popular lasts in running, cross-training and court; anatomical heel width, lower instep height, reduced volume toe box depth, reduced lateral forefoot width
- Weight (per pair size 9): 18 oz
Buy the New Balance W890v2 Running Shoes for Women from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - New Balance Women's W890v2 Running Shoes
This shoe almost feels like its running on its own. The design is done so well, as soon as your foot hits the ground it naturally wants to complete the motion. The heel is a little more low-profile than the previous version, which I like. It fit true to size, and was comfy right out of the box.
I'm an intermediate runner (20-30 miles per week) and a marked underpronator with a mid- to fore-foot strike. This is the first pair of New Balance running shoes I've purchased since high school and I must say I'm a little disappointed. These shoes have nice cushioning and are relatively lightweight, but the arch support is minimal (granted, I have ridiculously high arches), I got moderate hot spots on both my big toes with just a 5-mile road run, and the top of the shoes didn't conform to my feet as well as I would like (there was some puckering along the lace lines, though this was more of a cosmetic issue than anything else). While these shoes are good enough to work for my training, I don't intend to purchase this model again.