Nikwax Down Wash Fabric Care 1000ml (33.8 fl oz)
Down Wash cleans and restores the loft and natural water-repellency of down garments and sleeping bags. It effectively cleans heavily soiled down-filled equipment. Down Wash preserves the water-repellency of outer fabrics as well as the down itself. It helps the down and feathers regain their "bounce" and loft. For maximum effectiveness, use a large capacity commercial, front-loading machine.
- Prolongs the life of gear and optimizes outdoor performance
- Revitalises loft and insulation, without damaging the structure of the down
- It maintains breathability It maintains original water-repellency
- It's easy to apply - can be used in a washing machine
- Suitable for use on all fabrics, including technical textiles
- It lifts out dirt that can attract water and mask water repellent finishes
- Unlike detergents, it does not leave behind water attractive residues which encourage "wetting-out"
- It will remove detergent residues left behind by previous washes
- WaterBased - environmentally friendly, biodegradable, non flammable, non hazardous
- Does not contain fluorocarbons
- Guaranteed performance for 4 years from manufacture
- 1000ml (33.8 fl oz)
Buy the Nikwax Down Wash Fabric Care 1000ml (33.8 fl oz) from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - Nikwax Down Wash Fabric Care 1000ml (33.8 fl oz)
This stuff is awesome
If you've spent the money on a quality down jacket, sweater, or sleeping bag then spend the few extra bucks to protect your goods with Nikwax Downwash. I just washed my Marmot Zues jacket that had a year worth of dirt and man sweat built up on it. When it came out of the dryer I was shocked by the vibrancy of the color. Be sure to use a few clean tennis balls in the dryer to bring the fluff back to the down.
A little pricey, but you get what you pay for. Used it for cleaning a 600 fill down vest and it cleaned up well. Some greasy stain did not totally fade (but pre-spotting the second time did the trick). As others have mentioned pre soaking in the machine really makes a difference in getting garment clean would definitely buy again.
Amazing and very cost effective
I am glad I bought this item. I used it to wash my down comfortable, jacket, and sleeping bag. I am pretty happy with the result. One thing to note is; make sure to check for lumps during drying process. Tumble dry(no heat) and keep drying it until there are no clumps of down. I also put 3 tennis balls in the dryer to make them puffy. I definitely will buy it again.