Nikwax Tech Wash Fabric Care 300ml (10 fl oz)
The effectiveness of any fabric's DWR (Durable Water Repellent) finish is maximized by proper cleaning. Tech Wash is a non-detergent, biodegradable cleaner that protects the water-repellent finish on fabrics by removing water-attracting dirt, contaminants and detergent residues. When you wash garments in Tech Wash, NIKWAX waterproofing treatments last twice as long as they will when you wash with detergent soap. The highly effective cleaning agents in Tech Wash and its ability to rinse residue-free improve the performance of virtually anything made of fabric, fleece or synthetic insulation.
- Prolongs the life of gear and optimises outdoor performance
- Maintains breathability
- Maintains original water-repellency
- Easy to apply - can be used in a washing machine
- Suitable for use on all fabrics, including technical textiles
- Lifts out dirt that can attract water and mask water repellent finishes
- Unlike detergents, it does not leave behind water attractive residues which encourage â€˜wetting-outâ€™
- Removes detergent residues left behind by previous washes
- WaterBased - environmentally friendly, biodegradable, non flammable, non hazardous
- Does not contain fluorocarbons
- Guaranteed performance for 4 years from manufacture
Buy the Nikwax Tech Wash Fabric Care 300ml (10 fl oz) from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - Nikwax Tech Wash Fabric Care 300ml (10 fl oz)
Works! No stink and repels water!
I am so happy to have found this product. It gets the stink out of all my synthetic workout clothing and outdoor gear, and has kept all of my DWR protected fabric, from down jackets to hard shells, in tip top, water repellent shape. I would not use any other detergent on my DWR outerwear...because these items are so expensive to begin with I feel I must make them last as long as possible and Tech Wash enables me to do just that.
Tech wash seems like something I should always have in my laundry room. My partner's rain coat was acting more like a sponge after 12 years of heavy use. After a Tech Wash wash and some time in the dryer the finish has been restored (although not to original condition - I didn't expect that, the coat has been through a lot!). I also threw in a vest with repellent finish and it feels like new. Love seeing the water bead up once again. One small bottle is also enough for multiple jobs (loads in the wash).
Works as described
This stuff does exactly what its supposed to...cleans. It's great because it does not break down the existing waterproofing yet get the stuff squeaky clean. Although, if you are looking to put some serious life back into your jacket, or whatever, I would follow up with the TX.Direct Wash-In or something of that sort.