Nikwax Wool Wash 1000ml (33.8 fl oz)
Wool is strong, insulative, naturally odor resistant, capable of amazing moisture movement, yet very prone to damage by harsh detergents. The Nikwax Wool Wash (1000ml) is a new product created specially for cleaning and maintaining the natural qualities of wool garments. This new innovation from Nikwax is a gentle product formulated to clean technical wool base-layers, while enhancing wool's natural wicking properties.
- Wool Wash improves wool fibers' ability to wick moisture away from the skin
- Enhanced rapid drying and wicking qualities
- Wool Wash refreshes and removes odors
- Wool Wash will maintain the softness of your base layer
- Aids the wool garment in keeping you cool in warm weather, warm in cold weather and dry in wet and humid conditions to ensure you get maximum comfort
- Easy to use â€“ can be used in a washing machine
- It improves the natural qualities that make wool such an attractive fiber for technical apparel
- Reduces friction between fibers, thereby extending the life of your gear
- WaterBased - environmentally friendly, biodegradable, non flammable, non hazardous
- Does not contain fluorocarbons
Buy the Nikwax Wool Wash 1000ml (33.8 fl oz) from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - Nikwax Wool Wash 1000ml (33.8 fl oz)
I use this to wash all my merino wool items. Leaves my merino items feeling soft and smelling fresh. Doesn't damage like regular laundry soap. It's a bit expensive, but I find that I only need to use about 1/2 of what is says, so it lasts quite a while.
Great as always.
Best ever for washing wool items. Easy to use, better for wool and a lot cheaper than dry cleaning. Restores wools natural insulating and wicking properties. Wool rules!
Great for handwashing wool items
I find wool so warm for its weight I use it a lot in the cooler conditions, often just a mid-weight Merino wool top with a windproof will do all I need for 90% of winter situations. I'm very active and so can't help sweating. I pick Merino wool because its soft, none-itchy and takes some days to begin smelling. Great for traveling and packing less. So when I do eventually wash my expensive top I hand-wash and want a gentle but effective cleaner. I find the Nikwax woolwash an appropriate solution, I put a dash of it in hot water with the item and leave it to soak, a bit of rubbing in places and then soak and rinse in warm water, drip-dry and then sunshine dry. This is very similar to the Basewash product but a softener added for the wool.