Osprey Packs Kode 22 Backpack
As the smallest backpack in the alpine-oriented Osprey Kode collection, the Kode 22 Backpack is perfect for skiers, snowboarders and snowshoeing enthusiasts who need a little extra storage space for spare clothing and lunch, but don't want to be squeezed off their chairlift seat by the bulky and cumbersome proportions associated with larger backcountry packs. Like the bigger backpacks in the Kode series, the Osprey Kode 22 has multiple ski and snowboard carry options, including A-frame ski carry, diagonal ski carry, vertical ski carry and vertical snowboard carry. Zippered panel load access in the Kode 22 gives you quick access to your snow gear (like avalanche equipment) and your hydration pouch and dry clothing compartments. A top zippered slash pocket keeps your keys, wallet and other important valuables secure.
- Fabric: 630D nylon pack cloth
- Suspension: HDPE framesheet and LightWire™ peripheral frame
- Thermo-sculpted SnowShed™ backpanel sheds snow while remaining breathable
- Front panel access to avalanche gear compartment
- Front panel access to dry pocket clothing contents and hydration bladder
- Zippered front slash pocket for fast access to important essentials
- Microfleece-lined goggle pocket
- Wet/dry gear divider for separating snow gear from dry clothing
- V-carry straps function as A-Frame ski carry loops, diagonal ski carry loops and vertical ski carry loops
- V-carry straps also function as vertical board carry straps for snowboard
- A single tool loop with V-carry straps can secure an ice axe for portability
- Bungee tie zipper pull secures probes and shovel
- Osprey AddOns™ compatible
- Volume: 1200 cu in, 20 liters (small), 1300 cu in, 22 liters (medium), 1400cu in, 24 liters (large)
- Weight: 2 lb 5 oz, 1.06 kg (small), 2lb 7 oz, 1.11 kg (medium), 2lb 9oz, 1.17kg (large)
Buy the Osprey Packs Kode 22 Backpack from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - Osprey Packs Kode 22 Backpack
Just got this pack and I already love it! It's still summer so I haven't been able to use it for skiing obviously but everything seems perfect. The orange is an awesome color first off. I ordered a size up because that's all they had left but it still fits just fine. The pockets and compartments are great. I tried fitting an extra jacket in and it fit well. I also love that I can carry my skis A-frame or diagonally plus, I can carry my snowboard. I'm glad there was an instruction manual inside because there are some features I would've missed otherwise. The only semi-downside thing about it is that the zippers don't go all the way down. I'd say they stop about 1/3 of the way down. That's not really a terrible thing but you do have to dig deep into the compartments. Overall I definately recommend it for day skiing and backcountry. If you're going on a long excursion, the next size up might be preferable.
great ski pack for its size
For me this is a nice compromise between the larger packs above it and smaller below. It's still got enough space for me to do a fairly extensive day tour fitting shovel, probe, snow saw, crampons, ice axe few extra layers and more in it. quality is typical high osprey, ski attachment it burly and works great in both configurations. If this is the capacity you need it's a near perfect pack I think.
good sidecountry pack
Carries weight well. Sucks to the back while riding. The elastic zipper hook for carrying poles in the pack is a sweet feature. I like the two hipbelt pockets. A water bottle pocket like my Dakine Helipro would be nice, but not for riding. With the combo of Altrec's return policy and Osprey's lifetime free repair policy i dont see how I could regret this purchase. The only thing I wish it had that some other packs in this price range have is zippered access thru the back panel.