Osprey Packs Kode 30 Backpack
Developed for a range of winter backcountry fun, the Osprey Kode 30 Backpack is ideal for skiers, snowboarders, telemark enthusiasts and snowshoeing adventurers who like to spend the mornings and afternoons in the back bowls surrounding their favorite mountain peaks. It's sized right for carrying extra clothing layers, snacks, lunches and hydration bladder, but the Osprey Kode 30 Backpack is also loaded with alpine-oriented features that will appeal to any backcountry explorer. Osprey configured their Kode 30 Backpack for a variety of ski-carrying options, including A-frame, diagonal and vertical ski setups. The V-straps on the Kobe 30 can also be extended to easily carry a snowboard vertically against the pack. Up top is a stretchy and stowable helmet panel that securely holds your snowboarding or skiing helmet in place. The dual articulated hipbelt pockets have zippered openings and offer easy one-hand access to energy bars and other small essentials.
- Fabric: 630D nylon pack cloth
- Suspension: HDPE framesheet and LightWire™ peripheral frame
- Thermo-sculpted SnowShed™ backpanel sheds snow while remaining breathable
- ErgoPull™ hipbelt with EVA foam padding and articulated zipper hipbelt pockets
- Backpanel access to insulated hydration sleeve and dry pocket
- Microfleece-lined goggle pocket
- Wet/dry gear divider for separating snow gear from dry clothing
- V-carry straps function as A-Frame ski carry loops, diagonal ski carry loops and vertical ski carry loops
- V-carry straps also double as vertical board carry straps for snowboard
- A single tool loop with V-carry straps can secure an ice axe for portability
- Bungee tie zipper pull secures probes and shovel
- Retractable helmet carry cap for stowing ski, snowboard or climbing helmets
- Osprey AddOns™ compatible
- Recommended comfort range: Up to 30lb, 13kg
- Volume: 1600 cu in, 27 liters (small), 1800 cu in, 30 liters (medium), 2000 cu in, 33 liters (large)
- Weight: 3 lb, 1.37 kg (small), 3lb 3oz, 1.44kg (medium), 3lb 6oz, 1.52 kg (large)
Buy the Osprey Packs Kode 30 Backpack from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - Osprey Packs Kode 30 Backpack
I love this pack and have been using it for almost a year now. I used it this winter and the rear access dry compartment holds a lot of stuff. At first I was concerned about the load lifter straps holding most of the weight but I have really overloaded this pack and it has held everything really well. I also use it when I am traveling and it holds about two days worth of clothes as well as an additional pair of shoes. The avy pocket in the front is very well organized and has no problem holding a BD shovel and BCA probe. I really like the ski straps on the side because they seem very durable and havent shown any wear. If you are considering this pack...GO FOR IT All in all I like this pack so much that I bought the Kode 22 to take to work everyday! BTW, I am 6 ft 3 in and 200 pounds and the large fits perfectly.
The back loading actually works great especially for loading a water bladder. And the hydration tube feeding in the right side shoulder strap, built-in external helmet retainer is just a few of the cool features that makes this pack really functional. Size and dimensions makes it a great lightweight summit pack. Been using Osprey packs since the mid 90's. Tried a lot of other packs along the way but keep coming back to Osprey.....they just build great packs.
I just recently bought this pack for a trip to Jackson Hole. I have tried to fit my powder skis, and they fit perfectly! I use this pack for everyday (I ride my bike to work and use it as a sport bag) and I can have my lunch, my sport clothes, my gym shoes, etc... a lot of stuff inside. You can adjust the dead volume of this pack. I love the way you can organize everything inside and also the color! It is thin and quite light so I think it will work just perfect for those ski days... It is also tough so it looks like it will last a whole life... I would recommend this pack for anyone who is looking for a 1 one-day pack for backcountry skiing!