Osprey Packs Kode 38
Designed for backcountry and lift-served skiing, the Osprey Packs Kode 38 will carry your skis or board, your avy gear, extra layers and any other snow play essentials. Made from super durable 420-denier nylon with premium zippers, padding and suspension technology, this pack feels burly. But thats just the kind of pack you want when youve got heavy, awkward gear strapped to your back and youre hiking a steep boot pack. The largest in the Osprey Kode backpack series, the Kode 38 gives you 38 liters of interior space that is divided in two compartments for wet avalanche gear at the front and dry layers accessible through the back panel. Boasting a comfy suspension system that distributes the weight between the padded shoulder harness and the EVA foam hipbelt, this ski pack is hydration-compatible with an insulated sleeve for the tube to help keep you hydrated during a long day in the backcountry.
- Material: 420 D Nylon Pack Cloth
- Backpanel entry into dry pocket
- Top loader with integrated expansion helmet cap
- V-upper compression carries skis diagonally (L or R) or snowboard
- Cross-over ower diagonal ski/snowboard carry loop that doubles as lower compression strap
- Wet/dry gear division (internal)
- Hypalon reinforcement
- Snow kit pocket and shovel handle, probe sleeves (internal)
- Lower reinforced loops for A-frame ski carry
- Microfleece goggle pocket (internal)
- Abrasion-resistant PU texture to front panels protect pack from sharp edges
- Ice axe loop
- EVA foam torso fixed harness
- Adjustable sternum strap
- Insulated hydration sleeve
- HDPE framesheet, layered snowshed back panel
- Fixed EVA foam hipbelt
- Taped edges, large pockets, and ErgoPull™ closure
- Dimensions: 23.2 x 11.8 x 11.4 in, 59 x 30 x 29 cm
- Volume: 2100 cu in, 35 l (S), 2300 cu in, 38 l (M), 2500 cu in, 41 l (L)
- Weight: 3 lbs 4 oz, 1.47 kg (S), 3 lbs 7 oz, 1.56 kg (M), 3 lbs 10 oz, 1.65 kg (L)
Buy the Osprey Packs Kode 38 from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - Osprey Packs Kode 38
Great day pack!
The Osprey Kode 38 is exactly as billed - capacious storage, good wet/dry separation, easy back panel access for use in the snow, a snug fit and while it may be heavier than some, there is PLENTY of room for all kinds of gear that I don't need to be hauling around in the backcountry. Yeah - I use it as a BC Ski day pack and it works like a charm. Nicely balanced, comfortable and my only real complaint is that there are no external water bottle holders of any kind - so you end slinging the pack on and off repeatedly. That being said, at the top of Stannard Mountain last week, we pulled out a big thermos of green tea, lunch for six and mat to sit on, in addition to all the other layers and gear that I had stowed away. I use it all the time - even when I'm not skiing and it's so well-balanced, I expect to be able to go trail running with it after the snow melts. Can't recommend it enough - would have bought the next size down had it been available in the right color, but I'm thrilled with this!
Love this pack!
I bought this pack for backcountry ski day trips, to replace a pack I've been using for years. I was a little skeptical at first about it's weight, I was trying to "lighten my load" for ease and agility in the backcountry. I have now been able to use it for two shorter day trips and love it! Even though it is a little heavier than my older pack, I find it carries lighter because Osprey has figured out how to make a pack fit well and distribute the load ergonomically. I love all the features it has, especially the separate compartment to keep my dry stuff dry! The pack's features, as is the case with my other Osprey pack I have for mtn biking) are well thought out and work very well. I find the size is perfect for day ski travel. I am size small and it fits perfect! (I also love that I was able to get this pack for quite a great price on sale :))
My favorite thing about this pack is how simple and clean it is. The rear entery to the main compartment is also a great feature. The ski strap system is quick and easy to use. There are a few things I do not like; the pocket for holding a helmet is not big enough to accomidate my ski helmet but I do have a rather large helmet. I also think that they skimped out on the wasit strap buckel. It is on the smaller side and is clumbsy to use when wearing gloves.