Outdoor Research Bugout Gaiters
Hiking gaiters will keep rocks, grit, burrs and pine needles out of your boots, but the Outdoor Research Bugout Gaiters will also keep mosquitoes, ticks, ants, flies and chiggers out, keeping you focused on logging miles instead of swatting and dumping shoes every few hundred steps. These boot gaiters are made from durable 8 oz nylon packcloth and treated with a chemical repellent called Insect Shield which is odorless, EPA-registered and good for 70 washings. Offered in 4 sizes to give you the perfect fit over hiking boots or shoes, the double-riveted lace hook and the ultra-durable Hypalon instep strap will keep them snug. From field research in Nicaragua to a day hike during tick season in the coastal foothills of California, the Outdoor Research Bugout Gaiters are ideal for any adventure where youll be rubbing elbows with hungry bugs.
- Material: 8 oz nylon packcloth
- Insect Shield® clothing repels mosquitoes, ticks, ants, flies, chiggers and no-see-ums, reducing the need for topical repellents
- Insect Shield® is odorless and EPA-registered; effectiveness against insects is good for 70 washings
- 1-inch wide hook/loop front closure
- Hook/loop shear tabs at top and bottom of front closure prevent separation
- Elastic bottom and top edges
- Double-riveted boot lace hook
- Hypalon® instep strap
- Machine wash cold and drip dry
- Small fits men's sizes 4 - 7 and women's sizes 5.5 - 8
- Medium fits men's sizes 6 - 9 and women's sizes 7.5 - 10
- Large fits men's sizes 8 - 11 and women's sizes 9 - 12
- X Large fits men's sizes 10 - 13 and women's sizes 11+
- Weight (pair): 6.7 oz, 125 g
Buy the Outdoor Research Bugout Gaiters from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - Outdoor Research Bugout Gaiters
They are very lightweight yet durable. Well built for a rugged journey!
Very Nice and super light weight!
Great fit, and I was amazed at how once they were on, so easy to get on and off after you had them adjusted. You never know you have them on they are so light weight. Can't wait for bug season to check them out, but I know they will work perfect for the scree and dust. Awesome lite weight gators. Even my girlfriend liked hers.
I really enjoy using this gaiter. I fell in the lower end of the Large size and decided to take my chances on a Medium and the fit is perfect over my Salmon Comet 3D boots. I wear a size 10m. However on my first trip out I noticed that the stitching around the base of the gaiter that keeps the elastic band tucked away began to fail. This could be due to the fact that I was bushwacking down a creek bed that had some thorny vines and the packaging describes these as "Trail" gaiters, but it was just a mile or so of creekbed bushwacking, and I figured the gaiter could keep up. Altrec's amazing return policy allows me to return them if needed, and OR's warranty allows me to send them in for repair if needed. I guess I just need to be a little more mindful of them in the future. I hate outdoor gear that requires me to treat it as though it were indoor gear...