Outdoor Research Men's Maestro Down Jacket
Youve got a lightweight down jacket for high elevation belay duty in the summer, for ice-climbing belays, youll be stoked to have the ultra-puffy warmth of the Outdoor Research Maestro Down Jacket for men. Premium 800 fill down insulation is lightweight, warm and highly compressible so you can pack it into the back pocket that doubles as a stuff sack. When you pull it out, it lofts back up to its full puffy glory and the boxed baffles eliminate cold spots. An exterior shell fabric of Pertex Quantum is water-resistant and breathable should a snowflake or two choose to fall. A standard fit means you can layer this down coat over mid layers while the articulated elbows let you move and the insulated hood and drawcord at the hem seal out heat-robbing breezes. Ready for brutally cold, dry conditions that make for great climbing, the Outdoor Research Men's Maestro Down Jacket will make a huge difference in your comfort level.
- Material: Ultralight, ultra-compressible, water-resistant/breathable Pertex® Quantum fabric
- Insulation: Baffled 800+ fill down insulation
- Double-separating front zipper with internal stormflap
- Down-filled internal collar
- Down-filled, fully adjustable hood with inner drawcord to seal out cold (may fit over some helmets)
- Two handwarmer patch pockets with stretch binding
- Zippered napoleon pocket and internal chest pocket with media port
- Two internal Shove-It™ pockets with drawcord closures (will fit a water bottle but are made from lightweight fabric an meant for holding gloves or hat)
- Zippered back pocket doubles as stuff sack and pillow
- Articulated elbows
- Elastic cuffs
- Dual drawcord hem adjustments
- Standard fit: more room for layering
- Sleeve length: 38.5 in (L); sleeves are 1 inch longer or shorter as you change sizes
- Center back length: 30 in (S), 31 in (M), 32 in (L), 33 in (XL), 34 in (XXL)
- Weight: 22.2 oz, 630 g (L)
Buy the Outdoor Research Maestro Down Jacket for Men from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - Outdoor Research Men's Maestro Down Jacket
I can compare the Maestro to several other popular brand 800 insulators I own. First note that the Maestro is about $100 more expensive than most of the similar well known brands. For that, you get quite a bit more filling and a heavier jacket overall (my size L weighs 659 g.) I like the collar and handwarmers (no fleece, just smooth nylon, doesn't snag beard or dry hands); handwarmers have a down layer facing the outside shell; cuffs are elastic, no velcro to snag; and the jacket seems to be box baffled rather than the usual sewn through. The result is some serious warm insulation! Very wind resistant too. In all respects the jacket is quality stuff. I've had it out in about 25 degree wind and it is toasty and all you'd wish for. One thing: The jacket back is very long- longer than the specs indicate. My L was supposed to be 32", but it measures at 34"... that works out fine for warmth, but not for fitting under a wp shell...the bottom is going to get wet. That's not going to bother me, as I have shorter down layers for undershell and I appreciate the warmth this jacket affords. Just be advised...
Excellent Down Jacket but Fragile
There are numerous things to love about the OR Maestro Down Jacket. The down fill is first rate, the fit and sizing is right on and it is extremely comfortable and warm. The reflective piping on the hand warmer pockets is a cool addition and the hood is well constructed and fits great. I really liked this jacket and would have kept it if it hadn't been for the very fragile outer material. The material is extremely soft and warm and holds the down in well, however I am very rough on gear and I knew I would pick iit, snag it or rip it on something pretty quickly so I had to return it. It would be an awesome jacket for kicking around town and such but definitely not one I could take into the backcountry with briars, broken branches, etc.