Outdoor Research Seavault Capsule
Innovatively designed to withstand submersion for up to 30 minutes at a depth of 1 meter, SeaVaults can protect even vulnerable electronic gear from water damage. And with fully adjustable padding, even the most unusually shaped gear can be secured into the SeaVault Capsule for protection from jarring movement. Store sensitive gear confidently in these water-tight units.
- Submersible gear protection
- Durable, waterproof nylon fabric with TPU lamination
- Radio frequency welded seams for waterproofness
- Screw-top closure creates waterproof seal
- Screw-top closure tether attachment
- Foam lining protects contents
- Removable foam lining for easy compressibility
- Additional foam protection dividers for adjustable compartmentalization
- Webbing handles
- Internal mesh pocket
- Ideal Storage For: GPS, camera, cell phone, point-and-shoot camera, etc.
- Dimensions: 6 in x 7 in, 15 cm x 19 cm
- Volume: 259 cu in, 4.25 liters
Buy the Outdoor Research Seavault Capsule from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - Outdoor Research Seavault Capsule
Ten years ago I paddled 3000 miles in a canoe. I used an old pickle bucket for a camera case. It worked great. The Sea Vault is a commercial equivalent of that idea. It's a padded barrel with a very 'easy access' screw top lid. The internal padding also acts as insulation, keeping contents cool, preventing interior moisture. At 6 in. x 7 in and 4.25 L, the Vault will easily take an SLR with an attached standard to wide zoom lens. Around the inside are sleeve pockets ideal for compact digital, cell phone, wallet, rolls of film, credit cards etc. Being 6 inches wide, The Sea Vault fits in a 7" hatch on my sea kayak. It also comfortable sits between my legs inside my cockpit for quicker access. There are tether points for use in a WW canoe. Add a shoulder strap and you have a great camera case to take on a hike across the island. I have only had my Sea Vault for about a month so cannot comment on durability, but it looks pretty well put together with radio frequency welded seams for waterproofness and a durable ripstop laminated nylon fabric . A great piece of gear ten years 10 years after my original idea. Love it.