Patagonia Atacama Pack
A double-sectioned daypack, the Patagonia Atacama Pack was built to carry wet stuff - like a wetsuit or beach gear. A waterproof barrier separates its outside compartment from the inside, and comes with mesh for drainage and ventilation. The large space includes plenty of organizational options for pens, electronics, keys and phone, along with a padded sleeve that's raised to protect up to a 17-inch laptop. The sleeve also holds a hydration reservoir (handy in desert environments) and comes equipped with a tube port. Adjustable webbing straps take on a skateboard or bulky clothing, and two stretch pockets keep water bottles at your side. Airflow mesh on the shoulder straps and back panel prevent overheating, compression straps stabilize the load, and the sternum strap has a built-in emergency whistle. Made from 420-denier 100% nylon oxford plain weave with an 840-denier 100% ballistics nylon bottom. The lining is 200-denier 100% polyester. All fabrics have a Deluge DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- Material: Body: 420-denier 100% nylon oxford plain weave. Base: 840-denier 100% ballistics nylon. Lining: 200-denier 100% polyester. Stretch woven: 92% nylon/8% spandex. All treated with a Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Generous main compartment with dump pockets for quick organization on the go; internal organization has plenty of options for electronics and daily supplies, complete with secure lanyard for house and/or car keys
- Interior padded computer sleeve is raised off the ground to protect from impact; sleeve secures with a buckle closure and doubles as an insulated hydration reservoir complete with tube port
- Exterior pocket holds wet items, accommodates a wetsuit and protects interior contents
- Adjustable webbing with buckles carries a skateboard or bulky clothing
- Stretch-woven pockets accommodate water bottles of various shapes and sizes
- Airflow mesh shoulder straps and back panel; adjustable sternum strap with emergency whistle
- Top-mounted, reinforced haul handle
- Volume: 28 L (1709 cu in)
- Dimension: 20" x 12.5" x 10"
- Weight: 850 g (1 lb 14 oz)
Buy the Patagonia Atacama Pack from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - Patagonia Atacama Pack
I got this pack to do everything - carry PC on work trips, stuff for a weekend, take to the gym / bike riding, etc. It has delivered on all fronts. It expands rather well to fit all my needs, and the straps allow you to tighten it up for a smaller carry and secured belongings. The dry pocket is great to keep something totally separate, and the felt pocket is great for your phone/sunglasses. I am very pleased with the purchase.
We live in Europe and find that travel with our two year old is made easier with this pack. This functions very well to add all of our necessities and a computer for a trip into town. The extra straps are nice to have for anything that can't fit in like a jacket. The storage areas are thoughtful and convenient. The fit is ergonomic and very comfortable. Would highly recommend this great pack!
Useful for both serious activities and daily use
Having been impressed with the first one I own, I purchased another one for my wife. As I noticed versatile functionality of the backpack for any activities imaginable, the pack serves for anybody who needs to carry something comfortably and efficiently. I use the pack for fishing trip and have learned the usefulness of the area for wet clothes or items with some water such as waders, rain jacket etc. As ventilation works, the area does not hold any odor with something wet.