Patagonia Black Hole Pack
A versatile crossover pack, the Patagonia Black Hole Pack will hold climbing gear for a day at the crag, or your laptop and lunch during your daily commute. Designed to be hauled around the mountains, dragged around town, and toted around the world, this Patagonia pack is made with their super durable Black Hole duffel fabric -- a TPU-coated 1200D polyester with a DWR finish. Comfy contoured shoulder straps help you tote a big load, and the 35-liter main compartment is accessed through the zippered top-load opening. Inside you'll find a few organizer pockets and a 17-inch laptop sleeve, and outside you get a zippered lid pocket and front pocket, along with daisy chain lash points for strapping on a yoga mat or a skateboard.
- Material: 14.7-oz 1,200-denier polyester (50% solution-dyed) with a TPU-film laminate and a DWR (Durable Water Repellent) finish
- Waterproof fabric with sewn seams protects your gear in wet conditions
- Cavernous main compartment contains two mesh pockets, key keeper, organizer panel
- Simple pocket holds most 17-inch laptops or a hydration bladder
- Zippered pocket with moisture-shedding reversed coil zipper and daisy chain lash points on lid
- Front panel has concealed pocket and additional laser cut Hypalon® lash points
- Padded shoulder straps with load lifters
- Sternum strap and a simple webbing belt ensure a comfortable and secure carry
- Compression molded back panel sheds moisture and allows airflow
- Side compression straps help manage different size loads
- Made in the Philippines
- Fits a 17-inch laptop
- Volume: 35 liters, 2136 cu in
- Weight: 992 g, 2 lbs 3 oz
Buy the Patagonia Black Hole Pack from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - Patagonia Black Hole Pack
Great large backpack
This backpack is fantastic. It is large, durable and looks great! I have used it for a short traveling trip and had more than enough room inside. It was comfortable and fit everything. I also added two small straps to the back so that I could strap jackets/sleeping bags and such to the very back. Those straps made my backpack perfect! It feels like it's very formidable and should last for a long time. It's expensive, but I think it'll be worth it in the long run. It's a bit tall, but that's fine. I bought it to be a weekend warrior bag and to carry heavy text books.
Black Hole Pack is Rad!
I bought this pack to round out my array of Black Hole products. I was torn between the Black Hole Duffel 45L size (the smallest one made) and this pack. After comparing both I decided that the Black Hoke Pack was the way to go! It is much more versatile and easier to carry (shoulder straps). The only drawback I have with this pack is the zippered opening at the top of the pack. The zipper opens around the top from left to right rather than from the left or right up and over the top. It just makes the pack a little more difficult to get into but the reasoning for the way the pack opens is for waterproof purposes. The pack opens nearly the same as the duffels. All in all this a a very functional pack and has many storage areas.