Patagonia Men's R2 Jacket
When cutting-edge adventures require adaptability, the Patagonia R2 Jacket for Men takes on the insulation challenge with the versatile, lightweight, compressible, low bulk of R2 performance fleece. A midlayer mountain staple, this fleece jacket features variegated fibers to enhance compressibility, breathability, stretch, warmth, and wind resistance. A breathable stand-alone jacket when you're aerobically on the move during a light and fast endeavor or as an insulating layer under a shell when the mercury plummets, this fleece is the temperature chameleon. Its matte-finished fabric features higher loft from improved variegated fibers with longer insulating tall fibers and denser, supportive short fibers. At the top of the front full length coil zipper the fleece jacket collar and chin flap are lined with Polartec Power Stretch fabric (recycled polyester) for next-to-skin comfort. Subtle performance details include shoulder seams that are set forward for pack-wearing comfort, welded handwarmer pockets with reverse-coil zippers surrounded with Supplex strips for snag-free operation, and zippered chest pocket with welded-in, reverse-coil zipper surrounded with a snag-free nylon strip. Ideal for hiking, climbing, kayaking, and tackling the urban jungle, the slim fitting Patagonia Men's R2 Jacket 100% recyclable through the Common Threads Recycling Program.
- Fabric: Body: 6.1-oz Polartec® Thermal Pro® 97% polyester (64% recycled)/3% spandex. Side panels: 6.6-oz Polartec Power Stretch® 88% polyester (60% recycled)/12% spandex
- Matte-finished R2 fabric is light, with improved stretch, compressible,with great breathability
- Exceptional warmth-to-weight ratio
- R2 fabric features higher loft from improved variegated fibers with longer insulating tall fibers and more dense, supportive short fiber
- Directional knit construction increases dry time and speeds moisture transport
- Collar and chin flap lined with Polartec® Power Stretch fabric (made of recycled polyester) for next-to-skin comfort
- Shoulder seams set forward for pack-wearing comfort
- Full-length front coil zipper
- Zippered chest pocket with welded-in, reverse-coil zipper and surrounding nylon strip for snag-free operation
- Welded handwarmer pockets with reverse-coil zippers and surrounding Supplex® strips for snag-free operation
- 100% recyclable through the Common Threads Recycling Program
- Recommended for: hiking, climbing, kayaking, urban
- Slim fit
- Weight: 371 g, 13.1 oz
Buy the Patagonia R2 Jacket for Men from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - Patagonia Men's R2 Jacket
Great Spring or Fall purchase
Coming back to school after Winter break I realized that I needed a light weight jacket that I could wear with pretty much anything. I purchased this in black and large. I'm 5'10" neck: 16.5, sleeve:33-34, waist: 34, and chest 42. It fits best around my shoulders which is what I was mostly looking for, but it's maybe designed for someone a few inches taller than me. This is not to say that the jacket looks awkward, it looks great. Plus people love to touch it because of how soft it is. The most important part though is that it keeps me warm even below freezing, just not in high wind conditions.
My favorite Fleece Jacket
This jacket is very light, mobile and warm. In addition, the feel is good. I can wear as both an inner and an outer. This is usable in various seasons. A color is substantial and can dress this well with one's style.
Warm and stylish
The jacket fits well. I am 5' 10" and 167 lbs and the jacket provides just enough room for a base and/or mid layer. It is exceptionally warm, especially considering how thin it is. Works great on those chilly days when you are very active and want the ability to zip up or down, depending on the activity level. Very satisfied.