The ever popular Patagonia MLC (Maximum Legal Carry-on) has been resized to hold three to five days' worth of clothes, plus a computer. It still meets airline carry-on size requirements and is now made from all-recycled polyester materials. Hidden ergonomic shoulder straps quickly convert this soft-sided suitcase to a backpack for the carry-on traveler who hits the ground running. A separate, fully padded computer compartment protects your laptop or other fragile items from hard knocks. Inside the main compartment an internal floating divider separates clean from dirty. External zippered pockets provide easy access to travel docs and vital gear. A removable toiletry organizer has hooks for hanging off a hotel room door. Made with a 1,200-denier recycled polyester exterior and a 200-denier polyester liner; both have a polyurethane coating and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- The MLC (Maximum Legal Carry-On) is a soft-sided suitcase made with recycled fabric that converts to a backpack, holds 3-5 days' worth of clothing and meets airline carry-on requirements
- Body: 1,200-denier polyester (100% recycled)
- Lining: 200-denier polyester
- Both have a polyurethane coating and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Main compartment opens like a book for easy packing, access and organization with a compression pocket to secure contents
- A secondary zippered sleeve pocket separates dirty clothes or shoes
- Padded back panel holds shoulder straps, protects your back and a separate padded pocket stores a laptop or works well as a clothing organizer
- Comes with a ticket/passport pocket, as well as a quick-access pocket for office/personals
- Three carrying options: Backpack: ergonomic shoulder straps tuck neatly into a zippered compartment; Shoulder bag: comfortable split-shoulder strap for over-the-shoulder carry slides over carry handle when not in use; Briefcase: Two carry handles
- Volume: 45 L (2746 cu in)
- Dimensions: 20.5 x 13.5 x 7 in
- Computer Sleeve: 15.5 x 11.5 x 1.5 in
- Weight: 1318 g (2 lbs 15 oz)
Buy the Patagonia MLC from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - Patagonia MLC
Great Travel Bag
This is my second MLC. I finally needed to replace my first one after about 4 years of heavy use (and it's still usable, just a little worn). It's the perfect size for casual weekend air travel and fits fine beneath seating, even when stuffed full. I like the newer features as well.
MLC is all you need - if you travel light
It is always my dream to be a light traveler. Isn't that why we travel. And that is my goal with this bag. Everything should fit in this bag that I need and somehow it always does. Great quality and always looks great!
The best Short Trip Bag ever.
This is the best luggage bag I have ever owned. Three options to carry. Handle, Shoulder Strap, or Completely hide-able backpack straps. This is key especially if you end up checking the bag, to keep them from getting caught in conveyor machinery. The zippers are the best grade I have ever seen. The pack has more compartments and features than I could imagine. Even after the bag was full I was able to stuff my Mountain Hardwear tech fleece in an outer pocket. That amazed me. The best travel bag ever, and very stylish to boot.