Patagonia Women's Capilene 2 Lightweight Zip Neck
A versatile essential in any outdoor wardrobe, the Patagonia Capilene 2 Lightweight Crew for Women features open, highly breathable Capilene 2 knit fabric. The lightweight material allows for unhindered airflow and excellent wicking for endurance activities in warm to moderate temperatures. If you're comparing Capilene numbers, Capilene 2 is the fastest-drying Capilene baselayer available from Patagonia. Hikers and climbers like the low-bulk fabric and tapered fit because it layers well with practically any outerwear (Patagonia recommends pairing their Capilene pullovers with Capilene 3 or Capilene 4 fleece in frigid conditions). Patagonia gave their Capilene 2 Crew a curvilinear construction with seams that refuse to chafe beneath a pack or climbing sling. Capilene 2 is also made from quick-wicking, fast-drying 54% post-consumer recycled (and 100% recyclable) polyester that's treated with Gladiodornatural odor control. In a recent research program, Common Threads Recycling Program demonstrated that the environmental impact of recycling worn-out Capilene base layers into new polyester fiber is significantly lower than making that same fiber from virgin materials. When you consider that worn-out garments are diverted from trash incinerators, making new polyester fiber from recycled garments results in an energy savings of 76% and a CO2 emissions (those greenhouse gasses) reduction of 71%, versus creating that fiber from new raw material. It's a design that you can feel good about anywhere on the planet.
- Fabric: 4-oz. 100% polyester (54% recycled) with Gladiodor® natural odor control
- Knit is open for maximum breathability and moisture-management yet insulative enough for active use on chilly days
- Flat-seam construction provides clean, finished look with fine thread for "barely there" seaming
- Self-fabric collar
- Zip neck provides easy internal climate control, with "garaged" zipper ends for a finished look
- Raglan sleeves eliminate chafing from pack straps
- Flat-ribbed underarm and side panels are extra-soft and breathable and provide chafe-free mobility
- Side seams are rolled forward for chafe-free mobility and added comfort under hip belt
- 100% recyclable through the Common Threads Recycling Program
- Weight: 141 g (5 oz)
Buy the Patagonia Capilene 2 Lightweight Zip Neck for Women from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - Patagonia Women's Capilene 2 Lightweight Zip Neck
great base layer
Love the fit, material, and color! Wore it all day on Mt. Whitney hike and felt amazingly comfortable. Patagonia always delivers a great product. Got many compliments on the beautiful color and fit.
Lightweight base layer
This would be great for a light layer over a t-shirt for traveling in moderately warm climates - or keep in your backpack until needed. (Will wash out in the sink and be ready for action the next day.) But if you will be out in the cold (for me - 50'F or less) - I would upgrade to Capilene 3 or 4. Love the colors.
Fabulous layering top!
I think this is a pretty unique baselayer top, because its so stylish, it can easily be worn alone--without something over it--and it still looks great. Love the two-tone color scheme. In fact, because its got a zipper, and it's slightly shaped to a woman's body, it looks nice and feminine. And needless to say, when another layer is added on top, it really keeps you nice and warm.