Patagonia Women's Nine Trails Running Shorts
So lightweight, it may take a mile or 2 before you get used to the fly-away feeling, the Patagonia Nine Trails Running Shorts for women have a 5-inch inseam and a built-in brief liner for coverage and chafe-free comfort. Made from moisture-wicking, fast-drying recycled polyester, these athletic shorts have spandex for 4-way stretch and an internal drawcord at the waist for a secure fit. Stash your key in one of the rear hip pockets, pull on your minimalist running shoes and get your day started off right in the Patagonia Women's Nine Trails Shorts.
- Body fabric: 3.5 oz 75-denier 91% all-recycled polyester, 9% spandex with 4-way stretch and a Deluge® DWR (Durable Water Repellent) finish
- Waistband: 5.6 oz 88% polyester, 12% spandex
- Liner: 3.8 oz 100% microdenier polyester crepe with moisture-wicking performance
- Durable and highly breathable all-recycled polyester stretch-woven fabric resists snagging, and is treated with a Deluge DWR finish for weather-resistant protection
- Lightweight built-in liner wicks moisture and breathes
- Internal drawcord at waist secures the fit
- Rear hip pockets have secure hook-and-loop tabs, with an internal key loop in right pocket
- Modest side-seam split improves range of motion
- Reflective heat-transfer logo on front and back
- Made in Vietnam
- Regular Fit: neither slim nor oversized
- Inseam: 5 in
- Weight: 121 g, 4.3 oz
Buy the Patagonia Nine Trails Running Shorts for Women from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - Patagonia Women's Nine Trails Running Shorts
Love These Shorts
I have been converting to "real running" shorts over the last 2 years. I'm 5'6" and 138 lbs, so not huge, but not a stick. I find that a lot of women's running shorts make me feel naked and fat. These are the opposite. The liner is firm enough, the fit is extraordinarily flattering (compare to the Athleta Hana Short or the Nike Tempo). The inseam is labeled the same as those two, but the shorts move better with my body and are way more flattering. They are super comfortable. Even better --- I've run 20 miles in these on a warm day with zero chaffing (I can't say so much for the Nike Tempo). I now have 3 pairs in black. I haven't had them long, so durability and quality are still not completely clear --- although I'll note that the pockets in the rear are awesome, since most women's running shorts barely have a pocket and you always worry about your key. Not with these!
Great, different running short
I've worn mostly some of the widely popular brands of running shorts but am looking for something with more pocket space and other technical features as I increase my distances. Out of the box, I was impressed by the light weight of the shorts and the waistband without the "scrunched" elastic top which I would normally roll down on other shorts. I'm 5' 4"/115 lbs. and ordered a small. They fit snug but not too tight through the waist and butt, then I have plenty of room in the leg, especially with the side splits. The back pockets are a great size--they hold pretty much anything besides an iPhone (but may hold some smaller phone sizes--not sure). A few gels, chapstick, cards, trail map, etc. I think these are a keeper and I would probably order a couple additional pairs.
I generally hate running shorts--they make me self-conscious! I'm 5'5 125 and I ordered the small. These were very flattering in the legs and were really comfortable to run in. If I ordered them again, I think I'd order a medium, just to give a little extra room in the hips for lounging after a run or for kayaking. They dry really fast and don't stink. No chaffing or riding up with these either. I would definitely recommend--although do consider sizing up.