Petzl Sama Climbing Harness
A rock climbing harness that features elasticized leg loops, the Petzl Sama Climbing Harness is perfect for cragging and long rock routes. For unrestricted and precise movement, the elastic leg loop has a large range of expansion to keep the harness in the optimum fit position. Perforated foam padding with polyester mesh lining provides outstanding breathability and comfort when the route is bakin'. The pre-threaded DoubleBack waist buckle adjusts quickly with a single pull, and the green belay loop helps identify the correct tie-in point. Ridged front gear loops and out of the way flexible rear loops keep your hip rack at easy access. Additional gear conscious details feature a trail line loop and two Caritool slots.
- Recommended Use: Rock climbing
- Material: High-strength polyester webbing, Polyethylene/EVA foam, Perforated closed cell foam, Woven polyester 3D mesh, High-strength mono-filament nylon mesh
- Frame Construction with breathable monofilament mesh distributes pressure and provides maximum support and comfort
- Adjustability: DoubleBack waist buckle adjusts quickly with a single pull
- Green belay loop helps identify proper tie-in / attachment point
- Reinforced tie-in points for increased high-wear durability
- Elasticized leg loops have a large range of expansion for correct fit
- Detachable elastic leg loop straps
- Gear Loops: (4) rigid, inclined front gear loops, flexible rear loops
- Trail line loop
- Two CARITOOL slots
- Weight: Not specified
Buy the Petzl Sama Climbing Harness from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - Petzl Sama Climbing Harness
Overall a great harness
Coming from using an older Metolius harness, the Sama is much lighter, more breathable (the padding on the Metolius used to get soaked in the NC summers), easier to put on and take off, and has better positioned gear loops. There don't seem to be any issues hanging in it as I sit upright and is more comfortable than my existing harness. The only down side is that I wish it had a full strength haul loop. I'm 6', 165, with a 32" waist, the medium fits just fine.
Great harness! My first real harness. Just took it out for trial run and it couldn't have been better. Very comfortable. I'm about 200lbs and a 36 waist and the large was a perfect fit. Looks durable enough. I feel like I'm going to be enjoying this harness for a long time to come.
I previously had a Black Diamond harness it was very uncomfortable, the harness did not distribute the weight evenly so there was always "spots" where over time it becomes very annoying. Based on that I wanted to choose my next harness carefully so after much research and talking to people who've had Petzl harnesses I chose this one. I absolutely am a fan of the Sama it does not feel like anything is there at all! I feel that the harness distributes my weight evenly across the loops and its no longer uncomfortable descending plus its light weight and the mesh loops and weist are completely breathable!.