POC Receptor Backcountry w/ MIPS Helmet
Designed for extreme skiers and riders who push the limits in the backcountry and dont always make the landings, the POC Receptor Backcountry w/ MIPS Helmet is the ultimate protection for your brain. This snowsports helmet has a durable ABS/PC outer hardshell, with a thin, integrated PC inner shell. MIPS technology protects the brain when you suffer from oblique impact; a small plastic piece breaks during harsh, sliding impacts and allows a small rotation of the shell relative to the liner. Testing shows significantly reduced stress to the brain compared to helmets without the MIPS system. Eight vents help keep your head cool on hikes while the Aramid penetration barrier keeps snow, wind and twigs out. This POC helmet anticipates the worst falls to keep you better protected than any other helmet out there.
- Material: ABS/PC outer hardshell , with integrated PC inner shell
- MIPS technology
- Eight vents feature the Aramid penetration barrier
- Ventilation through inner shell and liner
- Multi-impact liner cradles your skull and absorbs most of the force with its molded composite structure
- Equipped with Recco® avalanche rescue system: reflector integrated into the helmet may help ski patrollers if you get caught in an inbounds slide without your avalanche beacon
- Includes a bluesign® approved Polygiene® odor control wipe
Buy the POC Receptor Backcountry w/ MIPS Helmet from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - POC Receptor Backcountry w/ MIPS Helmet
This is only my second helmet and it has great looks, I like the new MIPS technology but hope I never need it, fits really well, is comfortable and minimal wind noise ( will try POC goggles next season ). Thought I would miss the ability to change ventilation on the fly but did not. Try this, or any helmet on before purchasing as POC sizing chart indicated a medium for my head measurements but a small was the best fit.