Red by Burton Hi-Fi Mips Helmet
Protection and fun seem to work well together, especially when you're out snowboarding some gnarly ridgelines or heli-boarding in the rangeso why not pull on the protective (and thus fun-enhancing) Red by Burton Hi-Fi Mips Helmet before heading out? Well, we've found no reason you shouldn't. Here's why: this multi-season helmet offers an ultra-lightweight, in-molded polycarbonate shell integrated with MIPS technology that imitates the brain's low-friction layer (between its shell and outer liner) in order to absorb energy created on impact. Also, the Red by Burton Hi-Fi Mips Helmet is fully equipped with Quick Clip ear pads for multi-season use, REDphones audio accessory compatibility for tunes, subtle Air Band molding control for a performance fit and mesh ventilation for dryness and continued warmth throughout all your snowboarding adventures.
- Material: Ultra-lightweight in-molded polycarbonate shell
- Vent mesh
- MIPS™ imitates the brain's low friction layer between the shell and the liner, to absorb energy created by an angled blow to the head
- The combination of the brain's own protection and MIPS™ provides improved protection
- The Air Band™ fit system is an air-fueled headband that contours to your head or beanie for a perfect fit
- Subtle molding control is achieved using the Air Band™ pump-button and release valve
- The fleece-lined Air Band™ is independent of the Quick Clip removable ear pads, providing true customizable comfort
- Quick Clip™ ear pads snap in place when you're ready to ride
- Ear pads are removable and locking, adding warmth and enhancing comfort, yet easily removable for multi-season use
- REDphones™ audio accessory compatible
- ASTM 2040, and CE 1077B Certified in EU COLORS
Buy the Red by Burton Hi-Fi Mips Helmet from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - Red by Burton Hi-Fi Mips Helmet
Nice and light. Super comfortable. I haven't even needed to use the air system because it already fits so well.
RED Hi-Fi MIPS
Great helmet! I initially purchased this helmet cause of its styling. I thought it looked great but once I did my research, I found out this helmet has the latest technology built into it. I love the idea of MIPS. Basically it mimics the brain and cranium. When there's an impact, the inner shell slides underneath taking away the friction thus reducing the impact on the head. I personally tested it out in Mammoth (not intentionally), I took a hard spill while doing a jump and a kid was on the landing zone. I crashed and slammed my face into the snow. The impact hurt, but not as bad as I could have been. I highly recommend this helmet.