Ruffwear Swamp Cooler Dog Jacket
On a warm sunny day, dogs will trot for the shade, lie down, and pant the heat away. Enhance their natural cooling system with the Ruffwear Swamp Cooler Dog Jacket, a dog coat that uses evaporative cooling to help lower their temperature. With the Swamp Cooler, dogs can beat the heat, staying cool while hiking and biking in the desert, playing on the beach, boating on open water under full sun, and waiting for their turn during outdoor agility trials in the heat. Outfit your dog in the Swamp Cooler and let the cooling begin!
- Uses natural evaporative cooling to keep dogs comfortable
- Three-layer construction maximizes cooling effects
- Top air-mesh layer generates evaporation, releasing heat
- Middle layer absorbs and stores the cool water
- Bottom layer cools the dog
- Light color reflects sunlight and ultraviolet rays for added sun protection
- Auto-lock buckles adjust and hold for a custom fit
- Can use salt water, just make sure to rinse out the salt when you get home
- Will stay damp for 45 minutes to 2 hours, depending on climate
- Soak in cool water, ring it out and put it on dog
- Do not put it in the freezer â€“ freezing may degrade the materials and extreme temperature could shock your dog
- Dog's girth (measurement around widest part of rib cage): 12-19 in, 30-48 cm (XXS); 17-24 in, 43-61 cm (XS); 23-30 in, 58-76 cm (S); 27-32 in, 69-81 cm (M); 31-40 in, 79-102 cm (L); 35-48 in, 89-122 cm (XL)
- Length: XXS â€“ 11 in, XS â€“ 14 in, S â€“ 18 in, M â€“ 21 in, L â€“ 23 in, XL â€“ 26 in
- In-between sizes: choose larger coat for more coverage
Buy the Ruffwear Swamp Cooler Dog Jacket from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - Ruffwear Swamp Cooler Dog Jacket
Can't wait for new size to arrive
The Swamp Cooler Dog Jacket looks like it might do the trick for my dog that can't stand the heat. This has been an extremely hot summer and he is so hot it is often difficult to train field work. I ordered a size according to the chart for measurements but when it arrived it was way to small for my dog. I hope the larger size works out better. We are anxious to try it. Will post another review when the new one arrives. Wonderful company to deal with and no problems returning the jacket.
Very Thankful Pup
I have a mostly black tricolor Aussie. He LOVES to be outside, but the summers in Colorado have given him some difficulties to be outside. I have found a way for him to still be outside and enjoy fetch, frisbee, and all the outdoor sports he loves. The quality of the material is superb. Very comfortable, stretch webbed material. The hole to fit over the head seems small, but if you get the right size for the dog there should be no problem. The girth fit is perfect, but the product could be a little longer to cover more of his back. My Aussie pup is small, he fits into the XXS (he probably has a 13 inch girth & is 15 lbs). It its very well over the first half of the body, and stays on. The back part could use another two buckles. When he sits or lays down the back lifts up quite a bit. Otherwise, it fits perfectly for active dogs. No chaffing, or limited motion. It is very easy to keep your dog cool once its on, by pouring more water on it, streams and rivers work well too. He wears it at least once everyday and participates in activities that should wear a product out, there seems to be no hint of wear. Overall, I have recommended this product to many people on the beaten path, most have already bought one, they and their dog(s) love it! When my pup sees his 'Cooler,' he shows his appreciation.
Love this for my 6 year old lab. I mountain bike with her and she gets pretty warm during the long summer rides. This thing is great. Start off with it wet and then recharge it on the go using water from my hydration pack. She doesn't drink nearly as much water on rides as she used to!