Sierra Designs Storm Poncho
Rain protection doesn't get much easier than the Sierra Designs Storm Poncho. Whether your travels take you to town or the trailhead, this rain poncho translates to easy slip-on storm protection from the elements.
Using Sierra Designs' waterproof polyester Storm fabric, you get hooded weatherproof protection with easy over-the-top deployment. Thanks to its generous cut and poncho style, you can throw it on over your regular clothes, backpack and all. The Poncho's long cut protects your upper legs, too. Generous arm holes allow for a great range of motion, while the hood maximizes your protection. The Velcro placket helps ease transitions and adds venting, while side snaps help to accommodate backpacks and make the poncho easy to put on and remove. The whole thing packs into its own zippered storage bag for easy travelling.
A little rain protection goes a long way whether you're traveling or hiking, and the Sierra Designs Storm Poncho for men and women puts full rain coverage in a lightweight, easy to wear package.
- Material: Storm fabric; 100% polyester with PU coating; 75D; 81 g/sq yd
- Waterproof rating: 2,000 mm
- Fully taped PVC-free seams
- Helmet-compatible, adjustable hood
- 7-inch neck opening with hook and loop closure
- Snaps along sides
- Comes with zippered storage bag
- 4 grommets for stake down
- Care: Hand wash or use front-load washer only (no agitator). Use synthetic fabric soaps found at outdoor specialty locations. Do not use fabric softeners or bleach. Hang dry away from heat. Do not iron.
- Unisex sizing
- Dimensions S/M: 46.5 x 73 in
- Dimensions L/XL: 54.5 x 85 in
- Center back length: 42.5 in (L - XL)
- Weight: 10 oz
Buy the Sierra Designs Storm Poncho from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - Sierra Designs Storm Poncho
Excellent poncho for mountain climb
water tight and keep me dry from torrential rain. I worked great and comfortable. It is small and compact to carry with you and almost no weight on your gear.
I am optimistic
I bought this for an upcoming trip to Costa Rica - that will be the test. It is marked unisex and I am a women 5'5 ~115 pounds - got a large. It seems good for me and I like that it is below the knees - for a large man it may be too small. It seems well made for what it is and my zipper in the storage pouch is just fine. I like the hood drawstring feature but will add more hook & loop tape to the arms in case of a rain-forest deluge. Teal color is very pretty - wish they had more lighter colors though like tan / stone.
Some what thin....
Material seems some what thin. But (LIKE) the neck fit adjustments, around the face adjustments and also has room for helmet in the hood.. Comes with stuff sack(sml./thin) that can be put in a backpack or a pocket.. Only rainy/windy weather and time will tell if this poncho will hold up....