Smartwool PhD Outdoor Heavy Crew Socks
The Cadillac of the Smartwool PhD Outdoor lineup, the Smartwool PhD Outdoor Heavy Crew Socks are fully cushioned, crew-height and designed with the 4 Degree Elite Fit System for a high performance fit that won't slip or bunch inside your boots. These cushy pillows will feel like heaven when you pull a fresh pair out of your pack on a multi-day backpacking trip. Mesh zones help regulate moisture and temperature and merino wool is soft and stink-resistant to help you stay on good terms with your tent mate.
- Fabric: 86% merino wool, 12% nylon, 2% elastane
- 4 Degree Elite Fit System uses two elastics for greater stretch and recovery to keep the sock in place; ankle band, upper instep band, lower instep band, arch band
- ReliaWool Technology in high impact areas provides longer lasting protection; more durable than normal wool
- Strategic mesh zones for maximum ventilation
- Flat knit durable toe seam
- 1x1 ribbed welt
- 8.5-inches overall height
- Height: Crew
- Cushioning: Heavy Full Cushion
Buy the Smartwool PhD Outdoor Heavy Crew Socks from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - Smartwool PhD Outdoor Heavy Crew Socks
I have several thichnesses of these PHD outdoor socks. They are all excellent. They fit well and hold their shape, so they can be worn for several days of hiking or travel days....so packing is easier. I would recommend to anyone wanting precise fit, comfort, and great hold of shape
Most comfortable socks
These are the most comfortable socks I ever wore. I wear them primarily with work boots and they provide the comfort, sweat-wicking ability and support I desired in a pair of boot socks. When washing and drying these socks, I highly recommend following Smartwool's care advice: turn the socks inside out. Otherwise the socks will pill. I cannot comment on the durability of the product since I have owned the product for less than a month. So far it seems like the socks will hold up well over time though.