Smartwool PhD Outdoor Ultra Light Crew Socks
Crew height to cover your ankle and lower calf and be comfy with low hiking shoes and taller leather boots, the Smartwool PhD Outdoor Ultra Light Crew Socks are thin and well-ventilated for a snug fit that won't take up too much room in your shoe. Non-itchy, no-stink merino wool wicks away moisture and regulates foot temperature in any condition, while nylon and elastane enhance durability and stretch. The 4 Degree Fit System puts elastic bands around your ankle and instep to keep them from bunching or slipping while mesh zones are strategically placed to help your feet dry out. Long lasting comfort and high tech performance in a simple, well-designed package these SmartWool PhD socks are made for big miles.
- Fabric: 52% merino wool, 44% nylon, 4% elastane
- 4 Degree Elite Fit System uses two elastics for greater stretch and recovery to keep the sock in place; ankle band, upper instep band, lower instep band, arch band
- ReliaWool Technology in high impact areas provides longer lasting protection; more durable than normal wool
- Strategic mesh zones for maximum ventilation
- Low profile and durable virtually seamless toe
- 2x1 welt, 1x1 ribbed top
- 8.5-inches overall height
- Height: Crew
- Cushioning: Ultra Light Non Cushion
Buy the Smartwool PhD Outdoor Ultra Light Crew Socks from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - Smartwool PhD Outdoor Ultra Light Crew Socks
Smartwool is... smart!
I've used Smartwool products for something like 10 years on long-distance (100200 miles) hikes in England, Scotland and Wales. Wool is great for warmth, but I've bought some that turned out to be too bulky. I tried using Injinji toe socks in combination with thinner socks but I just couldn't get the right combination. When I saw that Smartwool is also making toe socks, I decided that combining their ultralight crew socks and toe socks would give me the right fit, the right cushion in the right places and the right warmth, even when wet. I'll be back to the trail soon, so I'll see and report back