The North Face Men's Baltoro 400 III Boots
Named after the 62-km long Baltoro glacier in Pakistan's Karakoram mountain range, The North Face Men's Baltoro 400 III Boots give you serious options for cold-weather wear. A waterproof nubuck leather upper combined with an injection-molded waterproof TPR shell provides protection from snow, slush, mud and water while a Dri-Lex fleece lining helps keep feet comfy and 400 g PrimaLoft Eco insulation keeps toes warm in -40F temps. These snow boots have EVA midsoles for support and Northotic insoles to cushion feet with every step. A traditional lace-up design and the above-the-ankle height of these winter boots gives you a secure fit and will keep the snow out as you trudge through snowdrifts especially with gaiters connected to the D-rings on the insteps. From the frozen tundra of the North, to the snow-drenched mountains of California's Sierra Nevada Range, your feet will be the last body part to feel the cold in The North Face Baltoro 400 III Boots for men.
- Temperature rating: -40 degrees F
- Upper: waterproof, BLC-Silver-compliant nubuck leather
- Waterproof construction for ultimate weather protection
- Insulation: 400 g PrimaLoft® Eco recycled insulation
- Lining: fully lined with Dri-Lex® fleece
- Shell: anatomically engineered, injection-molded waterproof TPR shell with forefoot grooves
- Gaiter attachment D-ring
- Insole: Northotic™+ dual-density footbed with softer heel and forefoot cushioning pads
- Midsole: compression-molded EVA midsole
- Outsole: durable TNF Winter Grip® rubber outsole
- Outsole: IcePick® temperature-sensitive outsole lugs for increased traction
- Made in China
- Mid-calf height: 7.5 in
- Weight per boot: 1 lb 13 oz
Buy the The North Face Baltoro 400 III Boots for Men from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - The North Face Men's Baltoro 400 III Boots
% satisfaction; matched color on the screen, excellent material and design, fit comfortable, fashionable, easy to wear, light weight for packing. Great!
Best overall snow boot I've owned
I am extremely impressed with this boot. It seems very well made and I expect it to hold up for years. I've spent several days now in the Colorado mountains and they are every bit as warm as my Sorel Caribou's however they feel better on my foot and are more comfortable for active endeavours like snowshoeing. The lace locks on the uppers take a bit of getting used to. IMPORTANT: these run small. Order one full size up. I normally wear an 8 - 8.5 and the 9.5 fit perfectly with a mid to heavy wool sock
The boots are very comfortable and they keep your feet nice and warm. I bought a half size bigger and I'm not sure it's necessary unless you are going to wear thick socks with them, which it's needed. The only issue is the upper black lace hooks. When they are brand new it can be a challenge to get the laces into the skinny hook opening.