The North Face Recon Daypack
If you need a pack that can stand up to everyday use in the field, can hold everything from a hydration bladder to beach gear, and can carry your laptop and fit neatly in the carryon luggage space on the plane, The North Face Recon Daypack is your pack.
Able to hold 29 liters of gear in its two zippered compartments, this North Face Pack is roomy and streamlined, but it doesn't skimp on the features that will help keep you and your stuff organized. The front panel has multiple drop-in pockets for pens, your phone, wallet, keys, field instruments and GPS while the main compartment has a laptop sleeve that should hold most 15-inch computers or an iPad or you can switch out the technology for a hydration bladder on the weekends there's a hose port on the top to make sippin' on the trail much easier.
From a trip across the country to a trek across campus to a day hike with friends, the Recon Pack has a chiropractor-endorsed carry system with padded shoulder straps, an Airmesh back panel and a stowable hipbelt with wings. You can stuff this pack to capacity and still have a happy back at the end of a long day.
- Materials: 420D nylon, 600D polyester print, 1680D ballistics nylon
- FlexVent™ injection-molded shoulder straps with a top layer of Atilon foam for added support and bottom layer of PE foam for added comfort
- Comfortable, padded Airmesh back panel with Spine Channel and PE sheet for extra back support
- Winged, stowable hipbelt
- Large main compartment with laptop sleeve (fits most 15-inch laptops), organization and hydration port
- Secondary compartment with organization
- Large front mesh drop pocket
- Small front panel stash pocket
- Mesh side water bottle pockets
- Safety whistle located on chest buckle
- Integrated reflective light loop
- Endorsed by the American Chiropractic Association (ACA)
- Volume: 1770 cu in, 29 liters
- Weight: 2 lb 10 oz, 1182 g
Buy the The North Face Recon Daypack from Altrec.com. Orders over $45 qualify for free shipping.
Reviews - The North Face Recon Daypack
Love this backpack, everything about it. The design looks great and it's very durable. Light, carries lots of things and weather friendly. I'm happy with my purchase and would strongly recommend this to anyone looking for a great backpack.
Northface Recon Knapsack
I bought this knapsack to use as a day bag when I vacation in Europe - it's solidly built, the shoulder straps are very comfortable and I can easily store a couple days worth of clothes, as well as a slew of electronics that I carry when I am travelling. The zippers are all strong, and it has good storage pockets. I highly recommend this knapsack!
Comfortable and roomy
I use this bag to carry (reasonably light) gear while running. The straps and back padding are comfortable and the chest and waist bands are as well. The bag itself is plenty roomy for a change of clothes, an extra pair of shoes, lunch, and more. The laptop sleeve also comes in handy for protecting papers from getting crumpled. My one gripe is that the texture of the back pad, combined with the bouncing inherent to running, tends to grab my shirt and bunch it up higher and higher up on my back. Every five blocks or so I have to reach around and pull my shirt back down. The effect is strong enough that tucking in the shirt provides only a temporary fix. Otherwise, seems like a very well-made backpack that is great for my purposes.