Locate within the Mt. Rose Wilderness Area, this nine mile trail begins in the Galena Creek Regional Park and / or Whites Creek Canyon. The trail takes you into the upper portions of Jones Creek and Whites Creek Canyon. The western portion of the loop is within the Mt Rosa Wilderness. The ridge out of Jones Creek near Church's Pond offers some very nice views. A Wilderness permit is required for overnight use.
* Always carry drinking water.
* Hike in single file to keep trails narrow and wild.
* Prevent erosion, follow the trail and do NOT cut switch backs.
* Keep trails clean, pack out ALL paper and trash.
* Protect plants and wildlife.
LEAVE NO TRACE!
Directions from Crystal Bay: Take Highway 431 (Mt. Rose Highway) north until the Galena Creek Rehional Park.