A high clearance four-wheel drive is necessary to drive all of the way to the trailhead. If you don't have one, you may have to hike the last mile before reaching the trailhead.
* Always carry drinking water.
* Hike in single file to keep trails narrow and wild.
* Prevent erosion, follow the trail and do NOT cut switch backs.
* Keep trails clean, pack out ALL paper and trash.
* Protect plants and wildlife.
LEAVE NO TRACE!
Directions from Crystal Bay: Take Highway 431 north to Forest Road 094. Travel along this road west until the trailhead.