Description - Lake Wyola State Park is a 40-acre day-use area is located on the shores of Lake Wyola, a Native American word meaning “quiet waters”. Here on the crystal clear waters of the 128-acre lake one can swim at the guarded beach or picnic at one of the many picnic sites all with charcoal grills.
- There is a public boat ramp with facilities located at the eastern end of the lake where excellent bass & trout fishing can be found. Accessible parking is available as well as an accessible boardwalk allowing wheelchairs access to the water. The restroom is also accessible. There are two mowed fields for kid’s play, a volleyball court and horseshoe pit with equipment available for use, as well as interpretive nature trails to explore.
Recreation - Recreational opportunities at Lake Wyola State Park include; non-motorized boating, walking, fishing, hiking and picnicking.
Climate - Massachusetts experiences four distinct seasons with slightly varying temperatures in the inland and coastal regions. Along the coast the water is a moderating factor that often prevents large amounts of snowfall from accumulating through the winter. Summer temperatures are usually cooler than low lying inland areas, due to ocean breezes. This region of the country experiences high humidity in the summer season and temperatures that average close to 80 degrees F. Fall and Spring are pleasant times to visit the region with crisp air and low humidity. Brilliant foliage colors can be found in the central and western regions of the state in late September and October. Winter temperatures can be brutally cold on occasion with a humidity-filled wind, but on average winter daytime temperatures reach 35 degrees F and lows reach into the teens. Spring is usually the wettest time of year, but trees, bushes and flowers are blooming by early May.
The park is located in north central Massachusetts. From the East/Southeast/Northeast
* Take I-495 to exit 29, Rt. 2 west.
* Drive 48 miles on Rt. 2 west to exit 13, Rt. 2A east. (No “Exit 13” sign)
* Drive 0.5 mile on Rt. 2A east and turn right on Wendell Depot Rd.
* Drive 4.5 miles on Wendell Depot Rd. to Wendell Center.
* In Wendell Center, Wendell Depot Rd. turns into Locks Village Rd.
* Drive 3.3 miles on Locks Village Rd and turn right onto Lakeview Rd.
* Drive 0.5 mile on Lakeview Rd.
* Park entrance is on the right.